Bus Parking...

i think something like that may be the future. Or a bonus point system for scoring x amount of goals.
I think attacking teams should be rewarded for scoring goals and winning games.
If your gonna defend and not even try and score then you should get nothing in my view. Ive been saying this for years and not just saying it now coz we always attack :-)

we'd have won the title in 14/15 under my system, and United would have finished 7th and 8th the past 2 seasons. Think it works perfectly :p.

we'd have won the title in 14/15 under my system, and United would have finished 7th and 8th the past 2 seasons. Think it works perfectly :p.

Apart from having been relegated to the National League under Pearce ;-)

Apart from having been relegated to the National League under Pearce ;-)

Pearce? I thought City were a nothing club with no 'istree who were invented in 2008 by the Abu Dhabi International Government of Human Rights Abusers because the honourable, family run original club of Manchester refused to sell to the evil oil money little arab "not terrorists but they are muslim" dictators.

Least that's what the people who invented football in 1992 told me...

DISCLAIMER: Yes, Blueinsa, it's not a serious post.

There is nothing wrong with the current poinnts system.

Referees need to address the issue during the game, that is the problem here.

You do feel like some refs at the Etihad have a degree of sympathy for visiting teams and indirectly support the shenanigans of time wasting.

It's unprofessional and when the FA address that any potential points change will be immaterial

Also teams don't realise how bad it is long term to park the bus in one off games. By playing your normal game against better side helps you learn a bit about the strengths and deficiencies you have as a team. It provides you with invaluable experience as to how to play at a higher level (like City's first couple CL seasons for example). It provides them with another game to improve themselves and become better equipped with the manager's demands. Sure, you might lose to a team like City playing that way, but as we've seen this season teams are losing to teams like City parking the bus anyway. But playing nice football and losing might be really helpful in that next relegation 6 pointer you have being able to actually play football.

Look at Watford. They've lost this season to us, Chelsea and United, conceding a lot of goals in the process. But in each game they've played nice football and given it a go. And it turned out playing that way helped them beat Arsenal and almost beat Liverpool, which is more than can be said for the bus parkers. And look where they are in the table too.

I forgot to add something here and that's the irony of bus parking in a developmental sense. In that, teams don't learn shit by parking the bus against us.

But we do..

Last few games, clubs have defended with 10 players in the box and it is very irritating.

It must be frustrating for them as well. I can't imagine defending for most of game with about 20% possession. It may not be physical taxing but it sure drains the players mentally. You have to be completely focused and are praying not to concede.

We will probably continue to see this until we show them parking the bus does not work against us. Even Southampton a team that likes to play, come to us and park the bus, its disgusting to watch really which is why Pep was so critical post match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.