Cannabis

TheMightyQuinn said:
Kippaxian said:
Probably a bit behind the times here, but what is the legal stance with this?
I dont smoke, tobacco or weed etc, but I thought it had been classified quite low now meaning an almost "tolerance" approach to smoking it?
Often see people smoking a joint in the street and nobody bats an eyelid anymore.
Would the police bother with a "smoker" walking along Deansgate say or would they not be arsed?

If you're smoking outside you're taking a risk. You do see/smell people doing it but you've got to have your wits about you and personally I wouldn't do it too publically anyway.

I've never known a cop to be cool about weed. Ever.

I'm not sure but I think it's class B and was only class C for a few years.

I find people's attitudes vary, some see it as heroin level of abuse whilst others don't really care.

I had cops at my door many years ago, as the next door nieghbour had complained about the noise my friends and i were making, they said to me "my have to come in and talk to you all, you have 5 minutes to clear your shit up before we come in".
6 of us had been smoking for hours and the room stunk, we put away the bong and herb, the cops came in told us to be less noisy and they fucked off :)

Freds Patio said:
I am in no way attempting to pass this off as a truth, so if anyone knows any better then please feel free to say. I saw a documentary recently that claimed youths who started smoking weed around the "critical age" (it was 13-16) have more chance of developing mental problems if they maintain that habit from that age. I've known friends when I was younger who fit into that gap. I only knew one guy who reckoned he could he could hear voices, one guy went a bit loopy and became paranoid/violent. I first smoked it when I was 16, so we're going back 6 years now. Whilst never being a daily smoker, i'd say i've never gone more than 3 months without having any since that time. I'm happy to say i've never felt anything horrible, aside from throwing up sometimes when I had too much.

I personally believe that weed just exacerbates a mental state. If you're happy and trouble free, your mind should remain fine. People who had a pre-existing mental problem, underlying or not, risk having it exaggerated by the weed.

We would have been sitting at home all normal, the her phone rings and it's the younger son, having what seems like normal conversation then all of a sudden she's going Tom wise up wise up calm down he isn't etc etc. When she comes off the phone I would ask what's up and she said Tom was accusing the bloke across the road of looking and staring at him.

Now I wasn't there and not sure if the bloke was staring but Tom is definitely paranoid and this happened at least once a week

johnmc said:
Not got anything against anyone smoking it at all. Smoked a fair bit of it in my youth.

But what's the deal with people thinking it's a badge of honour. Seen several people with various different ganja items. T shirts, lighters, tobacco tins and that's harmless enough I suppose. But seen several people with tattoos recently.

What's the deal with that. You wouldn't tattoo yourself with a picture of a strongbow 3 litre bottle if you were an alky or a syringe if you were a crack head. Why do weed smokers think it some sort of status?

[bigimg]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRf3TM2Zs1InIKi9qWM6_MbPA-POxXpM7KgvWX7NHFEG5s3w7zi[/bigimg]
[bigimg]https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRl7RG0ZVm_k81sF9-tlqVItFWz5HujU4Aq-xc9VhKES8O19R81[/bigimg]
[bigimg]http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0036/5992/products/photo_vince_cider_army_t-shirt_corinth_large.jpg?412[/bigimg]
[bigimg]http://www.thebeerinme.com/e107_files/public/1263639395_145_FT0_1399-beer-lover-tattoo.jpg[/bigimg]
[bigimg]http://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/attachments/f19/9246d1231962310-beer-tattoos-l_b604de838fd0051e4306ec66d824b2c7.jpg[/bigimg]
[bigimg]https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpxJ0tq5GWtaKLRkKyHwum6KDjf0rHqVkr89PJWYqiX2OT9mTl[/bigimg]

ob said:
Freds Patio said:
I am in no way attempting to pass this off as a truth, so if anyone knows any better then please feel free to say. I saw a documentary recently that claimed youths who started smoking weed around the "critical age" (it was 13-16) have more chance of developing mental problems if they maintain that habit from that age. I've known friends when I was younger who fit into that gap. I only knew one guy who reckoned he could he could hear voices, one guy went a bit loopy and became paranoid/violent. I first smoked it when I was 16, so we're going back 6 years now. Whilst never being a daily smoker, i'd say i've never gone more than 3 months without having any since that time. I'm happy to say i've never felt anything horrible, aside from throwing up sometimes when I had too much.

I personally believe that weed just exacerbates a mental state. If you're happy and trouble free, your mind should remain fine. People who had a pre-existing mental problem, underlying or not, risk having it exaggerated by the weed.

We would have been sitting at home all normal, the her phone rings and it's the younger son, having what seems like normal conversation then all of a sudden she's going Tom wise up wise up calm down he isn't etc etc. When she comes off the phone I would ask what's up and she said Tom was accusing the bloke across the road of looking and staring at him.

Now I wasn't there and not sure if the bloke was staring but Tom is definitely paranoid and this happened at least once a week

Sorry for requoting my long post, not sure how to directly quote you OB.
Its a sad thing. My mate was convinced everyone was stealing from him. We'd go around for a bit, hang around, and leave. A few hours later, each of us would get phonecalls asking where a certain Xbox game was, or that he'd left a tenner on the side and it had vanished. I didn't even have an Xbox but he still mithered me.

Firstly, I have no weed related Tatts or opinion on those that do. To add to the debate though, look at the relationship specifically with Weed and religion dating back over thousands of years and cultures (Shiva, Rastafarianism, etc). People don't look twice at a religious depiction on a tattoo. Modern society has pigeon holed smokers and propogates misconceptions about those who indulge as being irresponsible or wasters, yet I have seen and experienced vastly more issues with drinkers than smokers over the years, but that's a social thing that is commonplace so that's ok ?

pominoz said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Kippaxian said:
Probably a bit behind the times here, but what is the legal stance with this?
I dont smoke, tobacco or weed etc, but I thought it had been classified quite low now meaning an almost "tolerance" approach to smoking it?
Often see people smoking a joint in the street and nobody bats an eyelid anymore.
Would the police bother with a "smoker" walking along Deansgate say or would they not be arsed?

If you're smoking outside you're taking a risk. You do see/smell people doing it but you've got to have your wits about you and personally I wouldn't do it too publically anyway.

I've never known a cop to be cool about weed. Ever.

I'm not sure but I think it's class B and was only class C for a few years.

I find people's attitudes vary, some see it as heroin level of abuse whilst others don't really care.

I had cops at my door many years ago, as the next door nieghbour had complained about the noise my friends and i were making, they said to me "my have to come in and talk to you all, you have 5 minutes to clear your shit up before we come in".
6 of us had been smoking for hours and the room stunk, we put away the bong and herb, the cops came in told us to be less noisy and they fucked off :)

Luckily I've never had a situation like that.

I daresay in some circumstances the police would look the other way but I'd rather avoid taking the chance with them.

Dependant on quantity (personal use as opposed to dealer) the police will verbally caution twice for possession, for the third offence they will take it all the way through the courts.

Josh Blue said:
tbh it's pretty outrageous that it is illegal in the first place

Its only illegal cos the government dont make any money from it.. basically smuggling and duty avoidance.

Is weed any worse than alchohol or baccy?? no.

samharris said:
Josh Blue said:
tbh it's pretty outrageous that it is illegal in the first place

Its only illegal cos the government dont make any money from it.. basically smuggling and duty avoidance.

Is weed any worse than alchohol or baccy?? no.

In a nutshell mate.
You have to ask if any government that legalises and hugely profits from the two biggest killer drugs known to man really gives a flying fuck about the health of it's citizens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.