Celtic Thread 2017/18.

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Blue Smarties, 29 Jul 2017.

1. greenandwhite1

greenandwhite1

Surely agree it's better than not having him? We loan him and could still potentially sign him at the end of the season.

From Paddy's interview yesterday we tried to sign him permanently but City didn't want to sell or loan him to us.

“Celtic did try to get the move permanent but in fairness to City they wanted to keep me and said that couldn’t happen. It gives me a bit of hope, obviously, that they still feel I have a long-term future which is good for me. Talking to them I said I felt it was in my best interests to come back to Celtic. Luckily enough they listened to me and took it on board. I was just thinking about my own development and where I felt I would improve."

Good move for the kid, suits everyone involved.

2. Magicpole

Magicpole

Low Intelligence Officer
    I was pissed off we didn't buy him and lost the plot. I'm still pissed off but I'm happy he's back with us.

3. greenandwhite1

greenandwhite1

It was a little disappointing, agreed. Underwhelming window all in all tbh. Happy to offload all the deadwood but if VVD goes for £70mil + we are looking at having made a profit this summer without selling a first team player..

On the back an absolutely huge season, the most money the clubs ever receieved, got another year in the CL against a couple of ridiculously good teams... not like Celtic to not push the boat out when we're on a high though..

4. Magicpole

Magicpole

Low Intelligence Officer
    So like Celtic you mean :)

5. bennyboy

bennyboy

Biscuit tin mentality back.

6. kiam06

kiam06

If we are having a Celtic thread surely we should have a Bangor City one too?

7. GornikDaze

GornikDaze

Now you're just been silly.... meanwhile as we speak the might green and whites are beasting Hamilton 3-0

8. Mad Eyed Screamer

Mad Eyed Screamer

Celtic fan friends wetting themselves over his performance tonight on my facebook. Seriously, Hamilton? I bet the Moston Rag Socks would give them a run for their money....

9. Magicpole

Magicpole

Low Intelligence Officer
    I bet they wouldn't. If you survive the hurricane we can have a bet. :)

10. Bilboblue

Bilboblue

Awwwwww did they lose by a couple?

HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA!