Champions League Final | Useful Information

Anyone booked a Eurowings flight via Kiwi?
Seems they only have an airport check in option,am I going get stung another 50 quid for this?
I did and saw that option as well.
Will find out when I get to the airport on Friday.

I did and saw that option as well.
Will find out when I get to the airport on Friday.
You will have either an airline booking reference or an e ticket number somewhere in your booking. Just download the Eurowings app and check in direct through them. I checked in for mine last night and I’m flying Thursday night.

I'm seriously thinking of winging it and not bringing my passport to the stadium - surely they're not going to check 70,000+ people for id? Either that or I drink round Taksim on the day, then nip to my digs and pick it up before jumping the Metro to Yenikapi
Big gamble that mate.. If you get checked you miss the game

Not sure why uefa are getting stick for this.

They've sorted free public transport throughout the day of the game and through the night, extra metro services and shuttle buses to a major transport hub (Yenikapi).

It's 9 minutes on the metro from Yenikapi to Taksim.

If it doesn't work then they might be deserving of criticism but they have put in place a system that looks like it should work.
They want dropping at the hotel entrance.

I’m here now around Taksim Square, nothing like I imagined, only had a brief 10 minute walk up by the big palace/mosque looking thing & there’s barely any bars, the kebabs look amazing though, it’s hot! It’s 24 but a nice breeze, first bar I’ve gone in, 125 TL for a bottle of Efes, around £4.50. Taxis cheap though, taxi was around 30 mins from airport to Taksim Square, was £15.

From what I can tell there's fuck all in Taksim Sq. It's the area "Taksim" and the various pedestrianised side streets that are where all the bars are...I maybe wrong though as I've never been to Istanbul...

Anyone on Vodafone know what they're doing regarding roaming. I think it's £6.85 a day to use your data there. Does that mean, for example, if you use your data for one minute compared to one hour you will be charged the same price? Think I'll probably go with the e-sim linked on here if that's the case.

Edit: Anyone tried the etravelsim? Unlimited data for £15 excluding local calls. On Vodafone it is free to receive standard rate calls and texts but will I be able to take advantage of that if I have the esim?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.