Champions League | Gameweek 6 | 12/13 Dec '23

I don’t think England are top. It’s all based on this season and we’re at a disadvantage because of the number of teams we’ve got in it, so every win is worth less. Also, rags and barcodes are both now finished but any points are still divided by 8. Think English teams will need to go very deep in all the comps and win most of the two legged games as well.
Yeah correct
The article I read last night inferred that it was based on the country coefficient Now I find on the UEFA site it’s as you say based on this season’s only, divided by number of participants Currnlty England are fourth in table

• Slots three and four: These places will go to the associations with the best collective performance by their clubs in the previous season (i.e. the association club coefficient of the previous season, which is based on the total number of club coefficient points obtained by each club from an association divided by the number of participating clubs from that association). Those two associations will each earn one automatic place in the league phase ('European Performance Spot') for the club ranked next-best in their domestic league behind those clubs that have already qualified directly for the league phase.

Last edited:
Yeah correct
The article I read last night inferred that it was based on the country coefficient Now I find on the UEFA site it’s as you say based on this season’s only, divided by number of participants Currnlty England are fourth in table

• Slots three and four: These places will go to the associations with the best collective performance by their clubs in the previous season (i.e. the association club coefficient of the previous season, which is based on the total number of club coefficient points obtained by each club from an association divided by the number of participating clubs from that association). Those two associations will each earn one automatic place in the league phase ('European Performance Spot') for the club ranked next-best in their domestic league behind those clubs that have already qualified directly for the league phase.
Although, I wonder what would happen if we (or, indeed, Arsenal) were to finish 5th but win the CL?

All the talk about tiredness, mental fatigue, injuries etcetera just shows how remarkably well we've done to compete fully in all competitions for many years. Of course we get fuck all credit for it.
We went through the transition to playing every 3 days too. It takes a while to adapt.

It’s also harder when you’re not seeded in pots 1 or 2.

Howe has never experienced European football before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.