City fans and hypocrisy

Prestwich_Blue

I thought long and hard about whether to post this but decided it needed saying.

At yesterday's game we had a minute's silence to remember those who died during the year. (Of course as usual it was disrupted by those for who having a drink is more important than being in their seat for the start of the game). However, at half-time on the concourse by blocks 110/111 there was a large number of morons singing "Who's that lying on the runway..." I've had enough and have made a formal complaint to the club and will go to the press if no action is taken.

As well, throughout the games there were the usual Manchester United songs. Why???????? We were playing Hull City. No wonder they say we are obsessed.

yeah rangers and celtic, spuds and arsenal etc never sing about each other, the only problem is the mun9ich songs, they are sad and belong in the 80s

I am quite sure you will now get some posts from people trying to justify their chants with the usual arguement of " well they sing songs about hillbrough and russian submarines" but i for one am fully behind you with this.

Can the club legally do anything about it?

Bad taste, boring, brainless chants, but they're not illegal so I wouldn't think the club can do anything about them.

We've just got to appeal to the more intelligent of them to put a stop to it.

Going to the press will just make the less intelligent feel proud of themselves.

There's nothing wrong with singing about the rags. Every team's fans sing about their rivals.

Munich songs are a different story of course.

bluemoon73 said:
yeah rangers and celtic, spuds and arsenal etc never sing about each other, the only problem is the mun9ich songs, they are sad and belong in the 80s

You're on shaky ground using the OF as an example, their kind of "banter" we definitely don't need.

Spindash said:
There's nothing wrong with singing about the rags. Every team's fans sing about their rivals.

****** songs are a different story of course.

Once or twice a match maybe when we're not actually playing them but it's repetitive and boring especailly at away matches. I don't want to be reminded about the twats all the time, I'd rather sing about City, even if it's only "Hughes out"!

I've heard people all sorts around me, never was offended by anything I've ever heard at a football ground.

Heard people numerous times in pubs down the years sing no surrender, me being of Irish birth, but brought up in Manchester, never agreed with any of the sentiments, but are people not allowed to sing it if they want?

Complaining to the club, is what they are doing morally wrong, depends upon your opinion, but it isn't against the law, so legally what can the club to stop a small bunch of people airing a song.

This isn't a City problem, its a football fan problem isn't it?

Unfortunately until we screen fans, ask them to bring their mensa cards to the game along with DNA profile, its always going to be a problem.

Its sad to witness i agree, and i hate hearing United songs at the game, but do we really want a completely regulated and sterile atmosphere based upon our own intellectual preferences at the expense of the free-for-all-quotidian kaleidoscope we call match day. mmmm.

if you stop people singing munchen songs then who will you have to feel morally superior over . let them sing what they want and pray for their souls .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.