City fans and hypocrisy

Perhaps if we had more decent songs about our own players (& it takes about 6 months to get all of the home support to learn the words) they wouldnt be singing the munich songs as much eg like when we had the feed the goat chants etc..

As for Spurs, Im sure youve all heard the Spurs are on thier way to belsen song!!!!

Prestwich_Blue said:
I thought long and hard about whether to post this but decided it needed saying.

At yesterday's game we had a minute's silence to remember those who died during the year. (Of course as usual it was disrupted by those for who having a drink is more important than being in their seat for the start of the game). However, at half-time on the concourse by blocks 110/111 there was a large number of morons singing "Who's that lying on the runway..." I've had enough and have made a formal complaint to the club and will go to the press if no action is taken.

As well, throughout the games there were the usual Manchester United songs. Why???????? We were playing Hull City. No wonder they say we are obsessed.

Whilst I agree that songs about m-u-n-i-c-h are in bad taste I think going to the press would be a foolish move. Firstly it won't solve anything (heck i'm sure the morons who sing it at games can't even read, not even something as a basic as the sun - they just stare at the pretty pictures and boobs) and secondly all it will do is drag the club's name further through the mud.

The media already has it in for us because they're full of Rags who can't stand the fact that we are the richest club in football and that we will one day wipe the floor with them. Don't go giving the media any more ammunition.

In my experience most of those who sing that song are the teenage fans who were so far removed from it that they don't understand what it means - it's ancient history to them.

It is up to us older fans to educate them (one way or another) so that they start behaving like decent mcfc fans and not twats. If they want to be twats at a footall game they can go support another club that plays nearby - I think it's called man united.

Great, lets keep bringing it up ourselves and reminding more muppets about it. If you try and tell people not to sing something - they will just do it all the more out of principle. Not that I am saying its right but FFS, keep it under the rock ''I will contact the press'' dont you realise we will all be tarred with the same brush. Makes you sound like a 'jobsworth' fan.

kinkladze96 said:
Never thought we are alone in this kind of behaviour. neither is it a football problem ,never has been ,football is just the outlet for some moronic people to voice lowbrow opinions. which are neither rational nor thought through.

sad but true. prestwich blue, as much as i'm with you i'm not sure what you can do to change the fact that there are plenty of moronic wankers in this world- not just at football matches- who you will never change. e.g people who mug 90 year old ladies, murder kids, kick innocent people to death after a night on the lash, drink drive and wipe out an entire family...the list goes on in most law abiding decent people's opinions none of the above are right - and that includes singing M***** songs -which before anyone jumps down my throat- i'm not saying singing a song is as bad as murder- i'm just saying it is another form of behaviour that most people find unnacceptable but are quite powerless to change.

lots of things happen that shouldn't. if you can stop them then go for it and make a difference- if you can;t you just have to accept that we're all different and just stick with like minded people and keep away from and ignore those who upset and piss you off.

easier said than done- but you can't change the whole world, pal. but you can try and change your own and keep as many knob heads as possible out of it.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Yeah totally agree. I used to post on mancityfans a few years back and was basically called a rag because I constantly complained about the words 'mune' and '******' being used. This was also the forum where people were allowed to be openly homophobic but any hint of racism was dealt with swiftly with a life ban.

Hold on. I'd love you to point out situation where openly homophopic comments were allowed. Racist comments are not allowed and we do draw a strict line there for various different reasons which all should be quite clear to you. We have zero tolerance to racism and it's not something we are even going to discuss about.

M-word is allowed because a) there shouldn't be any rags on the board b) WE feel it would be hypocritical to ban people from using it as it's very common vocabulary among some City supporters. Thankfully Bluemoon has zero tolerance towards that word so for those who feel it's highly offensive then this is a good site to have a rest. I would still want to point out that use of word in question has been talked about in depth numerous of occasions in depth and there are lot of people who use it and lot of people who don't use it (like me, although I don't care if other people use it).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.