City Firm?!?

If you went out in town a lot in the period from about 1986 right through to about 1994 ish you couldn't help but be involved to some degree.

Everybody knew each other and who was who and we were all drinking in the same places. I remember being in the old Brannigans in the royal exchange, we had been at home and there was about twenty of us in there and United came in from Merseyside somewhere with about 20 and the place got absolutely trashed, nothing got said they knew we were city and vice versa, bottle on the head for me.

I've seen the same thing in Rosies, the crown on fountain street, Town hall tavern, Shambles Square, the conservatory, the cyprus tavern in fact too many places to mention, it would never happen again because of the cctv round town.

I was knocking around with the blues from Rusholme and a lot of the United that we used to run into time after time were Ancoats/Miles Platting based which was very awkward for me as I knew them all.

Very rarely got involved at the match, town was more than enough for me. Always amazed me that it made such little news in the M.E.N, I would see these big kick offs, lots of people getting hurt, glasses. bottles, pubs geting trashed etc and think 'This will be in the paper on Monday' but not a dickie bird. No doubt whatsoever the match had more of an edge in those days and I personally preferred that kind of atmosphere. Spare me the sanctomony by the way I'm really not arsed what anyone thinks, the question was asked.

Midlands Blue said:
BillyMC said:
Midland Blue...spot on Armed Forces were from the moss...the Hamsters were from Denton. I know when the hoax turned into the Smiths they used to practice in a big old house that was a spliff den in Glossop! Bumped into Mike Joyce a few months back in that daft arse Danish furniture store Vulva or something...still a decent lad who gives you the time of the day.
Dont suppose you remember Ozzy.. mad red punk from Irlam, was always in Cavendish for the gigs, with a load of Oldham and denton lads

No, not by name, though wasn't into the punk scene that much. Saw Armed Force a few times and used to live near the Apollo so hung around there and crashed the doors a few times when different bands were on. Saw the Jam there 3 times, X Ray Spex, Skids, Buzzcocks when all the seats were ripped up and piled into the middle of the hall. Also the Clash at Belle Vue supported by Siouxsie. Got more into music with the 2Tone thing.

Sham69 at the Apollo was a good one as well ;)

It's "sanctimony". Yes, the question (such as it was) was asked. Does that mean you have to answer? No.

Like I said: PRICK.

Brucie Bonus said:
It's "sanctimony". Yes, the question (such as it was) was asked. Does that mean you have to answer? No.

Like I said: PRICK.

Do you have to read it you boring twat?

It's 11 pages in now so the miserable fucker knows the subject matter. If he doesn't like it he should just stay out of the thread or perhaps he could start a thread on 'what colour flask do you take to the match' See if that generates 11 pages of interest

moods said:
Midlands Blue said:
No, not by name, though wasn't into the punk scene that much. Saw Armed Force a few times and used to live near the Apollo so hung around there and crashed the doors a few times when different bands were on. Saw the Jam there 3 times, X Ray Spex, Skids, Buzzcocks when all the seats were ripped up and piled into the middle of the hall. Also the Clash at Belle Vue supported by Siouxsie. Got more into music with the 2Tone thing.

Sham69 at the Apollo was a good one as well ;)

Hmm, saw Sham one time there and Pursey started crying cos no one was taking him seriously and he walked off. He was partially wrong - it was a few years later when he did that Ballet thing that absolutely no one took hm seriously!

Scrabble said:
If you went out in town a lot in the period from about 1986 right through to about 1994 ish you couldn't help but be involved to some degree.

Everybody knew each other and who was who and we were all drinking in the same places. I remember being in the old Brannigans in the royal exchange, we had been at home and there was about twenty of us in there and United came in from Merseyside somewhere with about 20 and the place got absolutely trashed, nothing got said they knew we were city and vice versa, bottle on the head for me.

I've seen the same thing in Rosies, the crown on fountain street, Town hall tavern, Shambles Square, the conservatory, the cyprus tavern in fact too many places to mention, it would never happen again because of the cctv round town.

I was knocking around with the blues from Rusholme and a lot of the United that we used to run into time after time were Ancoats/Miles Platting based which was very awkward for me as I knew them all.

Very rarely got involved at the match, town was more than enough for me. Always amazed me that it made such little news in the M.E.N, I would see these big kick offs, lots of people getting hurt, glasses. bottles, pubs geting trashed etc and think 'This will be in the paper on Monday' but not a dickie bird. No doubt whatsoever the match had more of an edge in those days and I personally preferred that kind of atmosphere. Spare me the sanctomony by the way I'm really not arsed what anyone thinks, the question was asked.
bullshit not ancoat's based. beswick more like there were no united's lad's from ancoat's city more like.

Brucie sat in his parlour just looked up from his times crossword and saw the poorly spelt dross on bluemoon and couldn't resist trying to educate the yobs of yesteryear.
Two down Brucie....four letters........slang for female genitalia...beginning with C ending in T

FRAN THE ARAB said:
Scrabble said:

bullshit not ancoat's based. beswick more like there were no united's lad's from ancoat's city more like.

Listen 'mate' you contradicted me on this the other day then made refernce to living round here for 20 years. Well I have been here 39 years and not only is it a massively red area on numbers of people that live here it's also a big meeting point for there 'lads'. I'm not going to mention names on here sonny but I personally know several of their firm from round here and if you're 20ish you should know that the main kid in their rats lives on Woodward Street, he is about your age, there main lot booze in the Burton and they met in the Appolo two season ago before the derby at our place, and the season after that at Billy Greens which fair enough is Collyhurst but only 5 minutes away, I know these things because I know these lads, do you?.

You don't know nearly enough to keep contradicting me and I have no idea what silly game you are trying to play in doing so. We have massive superiority in many parts of the city, Ancoats is not even close to being one of them.

There is nothing firm wise round here for City except for one lad, that is quite well known, hence why I used to knock about with the Rusholme lot, it might be unpallatable for you for some reason but fuck off saying bullshit when I refer to my own area.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.