City games allegedly fixed

I understand the argument regarding audiences, and this is clearly seen with matches shown in the UK on BBC as well as the far east.
What I find less convincing is that this desire, clearly stated in the interview comments mentioned previously regarding the premier league needing United, is then used to ensure refs and other officials act in an organised and pre-planned way to stifle other teams.
Perhaps I just don't want to see it as it would ruin football but the evidence presented to me in this thread leaves me unconvinced of what some are arguing is happening.

I think one of the issues here is that there about many different arguments being made and nobody following what others are claiming.
I must admit to finding the Leicester win very odd but again not sure if just highly unlikely or Leicester's decision to cheat in an organised manner. I do struggle to understand the betting claims. My understanding is that bookies don't want to lose money so would pursue such an odd result quite ferociously.

As I say, I am unconvinced by anything and until presented with concrete evidence would prefer to think the sport I love is not just wrestling...

With all due respect the concrete evidence is presented week in week out, it doesn't get much clearer.

With all due respect the concrete evidence is presented week in week out, it doesn't get much clearer.

Maybe I just don't want to believe it then...

Objective evidence rather than subjective? I find it hard as I am a city fan and so feel I see everything in city's favour. This means I question myself as I know I am being subjective. If I think every foul against us is worth a yellow and every foul we commit is perfectly innocent how can I really trust my view?

I wonder if I would find it easier seeing this kind of thing in a different league with no allegiances and bias from me.

Last edited:
Maybe I just don't want to believe it then...

Objective evidence rather than subjective? I find it hard as I am a city can and so feel I see everything in city's favour. I wonder if I would find it easier seeing this kind of thing in a different league with no allegiances and bias from me.

That makes your comments even stranger, the fact we get the shitty end of the stick isn't even up for debate

Josh, which do you think will get a bigger audience in the Far East/Asia. the Rags v Liverpool or City v Spurs ? The obvious answer is the Rags match. The money from the UK cannot grow much more for $ky/BT they need other audiences to tune in. If Liverpool and the Rags stop being relevant and become regular mid table clubs the gravy train dries up. It is in the interests of the Premier league to ensure that does not happen.
It is also why our owners are concentraing on 'other' markets, that is where the new fans will come from. Our owners are playing the long game, $ky/BT and the Prem League have to play the short game as todays viewing figures are all that advertisers care about.

The obvious answer actually is whichever team fields Chinese nationals in it.

Unless it has been beaten, the largest televisual audience for a Premier League match in China was between City and Everton. We had Sun Ji Hai playing, and Everton had Li Tie. This would seem to indicate the Chinese are more inclined to watch their own rather than the 'Old Big Four'.

https://books.google.no/books?id=GE...heir Chinese star Sun Jihai playing."&f=false

In 2015 - the 10 most viewed matches all featured either the China national team or a domestic club.

https://digitalsport.co/football-comes-out-on-top-in-chinese-broadcast-report

And there's the problem. Many people simply can't bring themselves to believe it, despite the evidence in front of their eyes.

But same can be argued other way. Can we really trust our hugely subjective view about this. Just like a fan of a team cannot be trusted to ref them fairly can we be trusted to see the evidence fairly or are we blinded by our support.

The obvious answer actually is whichever team fields Chinese nationals in it.

Unless it has been beaten, the largest televisual audience for a Premier League match in China was between City and Everton. We had Sun Ji Hai playing, and Everton had Li Tie. This would seem to indicate the Chinese are more inclined to watch their own rather than the 'Old Big Four'.

https://books.google.no/books?id=GE...heir Chinese star Sun Jihai playing."&f=false

In 2015 - the 10 most viewed matches all featured either the China national team or a domestic club.

https://digitalsport.co/football-comes-out-on-top-in-chinese-broadcast-report

I think you will find that this was the biggest damp squib in memory. One, i think it was Sun jihai, was injured and the everton player an unused sub, I just about remeber the stupid kick off time as the match was awful but your post doesn't bring anything at all to the debate and i cannot see why you even bothered typing it out. If they had the choice to show the rags v Liverpool over us v anyone else they would choose the rags because of the advertising revenue they would get. Market forces dictate many things, one of them being corruption.

I think you will find that this was the biggest damp squib in memory. One, i think it was Sun jihai, was injured and the everton player an unused sub, I just about remeber the stupid kick off time as the match was awful but your post doesn't bring anything at all to the debate and i cannot see why you even bothered typing it out. If they had the choice to show the rags v Liverpool over us v anyone else they would choose the rags because of the advertising revenue they would get. Market forces dictate many things, one of them being corruption.

Not sure that is entirely necessary.
The reason he included it is because it is pinchbeck statistics rather than subjective opinion. I think a valid point and adds to the thread.

Sorry 80s shorts. Yes Im happy to concede this one. It does appear theres a strong likelihood dealings behind close doors in relation to the disciplinary process. I had forgot, do not know why, because I had read it at the time.

PIGMOL maybe felt the incident (have you seen it?) was so severe the offence required further action. That I do not know, either way they should not be pressuring referees.
I've actually got no problem with them pressuring referees, so long as it merits it and is done openly and fairly. All we ever seem to get is decisions against us that are ignored, and decisions in our favour, go on SKY loop, and our player gets punished. There are numerous incidents involving our neighbours (also others), blatant elbows and snide tackles, that get ignored regularly, yet there is always a campaign if its one of ours that appears to get away with something.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.