City in the 90s/early 2000’s

I was also a teenager in the 90’s. I look back on that period with great affection. There were plenty of good moments to see you through. Gillingham at Wembley, Blackburn away, the Keegan promotion winning season, winning the final derby at Maine Road, to name but a few.

One dark spot that sticks out was losing at home to Bury on Valentine’s Day in 98. I was sulking beyond belief and refused to turn up for a date with my then girlfriend (she’d gone to quite a lot of effort).

I was single a week later :-)
Hope you got your card and present off her.

Looking back, I think me and my mates just dealt with it by using the game as a social occasion even moreso than usual. Few beers in the Birch Villa before kick off, hit town afterwards. If we won, fantastic. If we didn’t, it gave us something to moan about and put right all evening, talking bollocks in the pub. Away games were pretty much a show of defiance and belligerence in the face of adversity.

Great times.

spent the 80's and 90's growing up as a City fan in Leeds. The United fans got less shit then I did at School and that says a lot. I must have the skin of a rhino to have stayed the course and glad I did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.