City v Chelsea post match

Didn't post yesterday as I wanted to watch it again and reflect. We played very very well at times and, as many have pointed out, should have had the game put to bed by 60 minutes. A theme for many of our home draws thus far. So a clear goal to work on. I'm sure Pep and his team will continue to do just that. Chelsea were clinical and helped in no small way by poor defending. Another area for concern. Another clear goal to work on. I'm not concerned with our play overall and if we can tighten up at the back and put chances away we can go on a run like Chelsea have. They won't stay on this run for me. Very beatable team and we should have put them away yesterday.

Costa & Hazard for me.

If they maintain their current form & play all the time, Chelsea win the title because they will usually score v teams who attack like City & they will score v teams who defend.

However, chances are they will get tired, injured, lose form, same as anyone else.

Then we have to be in a close enough position to take advantage.

For someone who isnt allowed to be criticised, pep is taking some unnecessary shit here. Total football nonsense? Emperors new clothes? Fucks sake.

Costa & Hazard for me.

If they maintain their current form & play all the time, Chelsea win the title because they will usually score v teams who attack like City & they will score v teams who defend.

However, chances are they will get tired, injured, lose form, same as anyone else.

Then we have to be in a close enough position to take advantage.

Costa was made to look better by Otamendi. Hazard is class. We made them look pretty ordinary for 60 mins and had we put chances away the journo's would be talking about how Chelsea failed their big test. Spurs pretty much did the same to them last week. They deserve credit for hanging in but again our 'poor' play kept them in it not their 'good' play. Once they equalised however we were in the shit and they took full advantage.

Costa was made to look better by Otamendi. Hazard is class. We made them look pretty ordinary for 60 mins and had we put chances away the journo's would be talking about how Chelsea failed their big test. Spurs pretty much did the same to them last week. They deserve credit for hanging in but again our 'poor' play kept them in it not their 'good' play. Once they equalised however we were in the shit and they took full advantage.

I agree. We were ripping them apart.

Really don't think Chelsea are that good , the media are building them up to be the new invincibles , but we ripped them to pieces for most of the game , if we had taken half our chances it would have been a cricket score . One thing is for sure, when we do start taking our chances some poor bastards are going to be on the end of a Huddersfield and then people will sit up and take notice

Really don't think Chelsea are that good , the media are building them up to be the new invincibles , but we ripped them to pieces for most of the game , if we had taken half our chances it would have been a cricket score . One thing is for sure, when we do start taking our chances some poor bastards are going to be on the end of a Huddersfield and then people will sit up and take notice

I am inclined to agree. The other thing I've noticed is that sometimes it's the choices we make in front of goal. A little more calmness would help. Yesterday both Kev and Sergio opted to shoot, when a pass would have created a better goal scoring opportunity. I'm sure in time we'll click.

100% agree. I know it's 'ifs and buts' BUT, we take even 20% of the chances we are creating and teams are dead and buried 60 mins into the game. It's not even like we're missing half chances, but gilt edged, my granny would score them ones.....and it's killing us!! I, like you, get the feeling a 'Huddersfield' is on the horizon and suddenly that might light the blue touch paper. It won't turn our defence into a Milan of the 90's but we will be winning games at a canter.

Well after such a shit Saturday,Sunday has been a much better day.
Yes and the posts on this page [106] are mostly spot on. We need to hang in and things will start to change in January. That's the time to start going on a good run towards the title.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.