City v Huddersfield post match

Don't see it at all with Garcia? Only young, tidy, but will he be one of those players who can never hurt the opposition?

I think in months to come you'll look back at this and feel silly Tolmie, his passing range is absolutely brilliant, and although I don't think we saw too much of it last night, when he gets a bit more at home in the first team, he'll be hitting passes to Sané and Sterling which split the opposition in half. We've seen it in the u21's, he strikes the ball like very few players, and the variety of his passing causes all sorts of problems.

He Scored against Swansea in his last start, and I think it was against Dortmund in pre-season when he played a lovely little reverse pass which beat the defence and Silva squared it for a tap in.

He can definitely hurt the opposition directly - as well as hurting them through just generally moving the ball through midfield very quickly. I think the only real question is whether he can do the defensive work to play in Yaya's role with Silva and KDB ahead of him. At the moment, I wouldn't think so, but he's still young and he's trying.

But this is what amazes me with some fans.

Fans support team and team's best players, how strange.

Why would any player be free of any criticism if they have a poor game.

Similarly, why should any poster be free of any criticism if they make shit up and attack those that disagree?

I lost count the number of balls that KDB gave the ball away last night,

You must not be able to count very high then.

The answer is 8. 4 of them were through balls that weren't picked up, one was a cross that nobody met and the last three were standard mis-placed passes.

Meanwhile, KDB had more touches, passes, accurate passes and possession than any player on the park except Aleix Garcia, despite being subbed off on 75 minutes.

but every now and again he would serve up a wonderful ball.

He made more key passes than any other player on the pitch too.

(joint with Sterling and Aguero)

I`m not saying he`s shit,

Oh? This is what you said:
For a so called "World International" player, how shit was KDB ??

I`m saying by his standards he had an average game

Ah backpedaling a bit now, I see.

A KDB average game is more dominating than any other player in his position in the country, so what you are actually saying is that he had an exceptional game.

and not for the first time this season.

Examples?

Its all about opinions and I must admit I`ve been a little disappointed over some of the unfair criticism aimed at Garcia last night,

Do agree with you here in some ways, though the criticism of Garcia is certainly muted. He is an incredible passer, a real midfield controller, better suited at present to Yaya's role rather than Silva's, but you'd hope he would develop to the latter. He played well last night, if not with any tremendous impact (for all his passes and control, he didn't make any key passes for example) and I hope he gets more chances down the line, as he looks more than capable.

for me it was Aguero's blatant refusal to let the ball go out of play once he was on a hat-trick, to the point where he sprinted 40 yards to the touchline to keep it from being an innocuous throw-in just so Kelechi couldn't come on.
Don't be stupid.

By the high standard that KDB has set himself yesterday's performance was well below his high standards. But we can forgive him 1 bad game every now and then. At times last night we had to make a couple of passes to many when we had the chance of opening them up with a quick ball either through the middle or down the flanks. We don't need 20 to 30 passes too score a goal when a quick pass can open up the opponents.

But this is what amazes me with some fans.Why would any player be free of any criticism if they have a poor game.I lost count the number of balls that KDB gave the ball away last night,but every now and again he would serve up a wonderful ball.
I`m not saying he`s shit, I`m saying by his standards he had an average game and not for the first time this season.Its all about opinions and I must admit I`ve been a little disappointed over some of the unfair criticism aimed at Garcia last night,who IMO had a more than decent game.
Ah well,good job I`ve got thick skin. ;)
And, I wholly agree with this! Yes, KDb may have been average (but his average is still above most IMO) but got the impression you were saying he was shit. And you're right re Garcia. As you were :0)

By the high standard that KDB has set himself yesterday's performance was well below his high standards. But we can forgive him 1 bad game every now and then. At times last night we had to make a couple of passes to many when we had the chance of opening them up with a quick ball either through the middle or down the flanks. We don't need 20 to 30 passes too score a goal when a quick pass can open up the opponents.

No player can be 100% perfect all the time - I thought he was not one of the better performers but he's never poor really. Just disappointed with how he seemed to ignore the left side of the pitch driving forward, often ignoring Sane

Well done to the players on getting the win and getting through to the next round hopefully can push on in the next round and get to Wembley.

We all know De bruyne is a world-class player, probably the most well-rounded player in the team in terms of his all round abilities outside of yaya but I've also realized in the last couple of months not just yesterday that he's been very mixed in his performances. He always works hard, has been very disciplined playing in the role pep asks him and when on the counter there are very few players you would want with the ball at their feet to play the killer pass than him but yesterday, he was incredibly careless with the ball at times and this has been happening quite often these last couple of months. Not only has his choice of pass been questionable but for a player of his quality, he's misplaced a lot of passes where he has no pressure as well as moments where he's been too easily dispossessed.

When playing in a three at the center of the pitch, ball retention becomes very important and when you lose the ball in that position, it often results in the opposition having an immediate opening for a clear chance with the way pep sets up the team and against better opposition, that will prove crucial. De-bruyne is normally much better at ball retention than he has shown lately which when coupled with whom he has playing with him in the middle(silva, yaya) his tends to stick out the most. He is a very direct player in his approach play and it is expected when a player takes as many risks with his passing as he does but some of the passes he's been misplacing are simple passes that you expect a player of his quality to make. He will still continue to affect games in the final third because of his talent but I'm hoping he gets back to the level we know he is capable and becomes better at retaining the ball in the middle of the pitch as it tends to put the team under a lot of pressure when he's careless with it.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.