City v Liverpool (Home) Pre-Match Thread

City v Liverpool prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really need Walker and Mendy to come through the internationals unscathed.
Could really do with a DM in this game, a bit controversial but how about playing Vinnie there?

I hope Gundogan is fit to play at the very least for 45 mins, and split the other 45 with Yaya. Cause Dinho is finished and is holding back our team.

Has anyone seen a pitch map showing Mendy's average position playing full back against Bournemouth, compared to Sane's average position playing wing back against Everton? I haven't, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Mendy was more advanced than Sane. It might have notionally have been 4 at the back on Saturday, but Mendy spent very little time in a defensive position. Obviously I don't know whether he just isnt fit enough yet to get up and down the pitch (and he should be fitter a fortnight later) or whether it was tactical.

If he is going to play such an advanced role against Liverpool then we would definitely need an extra centre back to cover behind him (assuming that Pep will not play two DMs). Otherwise Liverpool's front 3 will have acres of space.

I pray we score first. We're a totally different team when we go in front, but in almost every big game we find ourselves down a goal at some point with it all to do.

I pray we score first. We're a totally different team when we go in front, but in almost every big game we find ourselves down a goal at some point with it all to do.

That's because it takes us 20 minutes to wake up. We can't do that against the dippers, the way they start games.

Until we treat this game as a local derby we'll generally be doomed to failure. Time for Pep to show he can deal with Klopp's tactics.

This game has come too early for us really, as others have said Liverpool look fitter and we are still getting some new players back from injury and are trying to settle them in. We are also ideally suited for their style the way we play. Pep should tactically alter to beat them but we all know he won't. Oh and before we hear the usual flapping comments and " Wipe your fanny's" it is a discussion and not everyone is going to think we will win, or is no lesser a blue for holding that opinion.

Beat these and it's been a fantastic start. Let's be positive and attack them and get our season flying. Sanchez signing would be a great boost for this one too.

I hope Gundogan is fit to play at the very least for 45 mins, and split the other 45 with Yaya. Cause Dinho is finished and is holding back our team.
Are you writing shit like that about Fernandinho just to provoke me?

And yeah, Vinny and Ilkay are going to split DM duties! WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.