City v Liverpool - Post Match Thread

Great win. Some terrible defending from Liverpool. Guardiola got lucky. Exposing Otamendi to Salah was not working. Fortunately Salah's final ball was poor and the sending off changed the game

Very disjointed defensively until the red card. Ottamendi constantly exposed against Salah in one on one situations, but I can't help feeling this was partly because Mendy was too often pushing too far forward leaving a gap for Salah to expose in the first place.

Walker and Danilo on the right side were more compact compared to the left side of our defence.

Had Loserpool not gone down to 10 men, I can't help feeling we would have conceded to them eventually with our disjointed defending.

However, we were excellent when attacking ourselves, so I think we would have won anyway regardless of the sending off.

I'm not really liking this current 3-5-2 set up at the moment, our players don't seem to be comfortable with it when defending in our own half.

If we had played with ten men and the Dippers had won 5-0 they would be champions elect , shameful how the Dippers players just gave up , we should have pushed on and scored the ten goals that were there for the taking , only negative point was Otto's diabolical 1st half performance , absolutely shocking he needs to up his game because i would rather see Mangala on the left than Otto at the moment Otto is a real liability. KDB showed just how good he is though ,abolsolutely world class , Ederson is amassive upgrade on Bravo and our full backs are going to terrify most teams this season , bring on Feyenoord.

Imagine the wank fest if the result was reversed. Nothing about harsh red, it would all be about how liverpool ripped city apart and how they are the real deal. WE WON 5-0. 5 fucking 0. 5 bastard 0. shove that in your **** pipe you scummy twats.

Immensely satisfying - can't keep a big, beaming smile from my face thinking about the fact that we've given these ****s a right fucking hiding. Was well overdue.

An awful lot to be happy about - great performances throughout the team (De Bruyne especially), Aguero teeing up Jesus like that, Danilo showing he can play in midfield, Mangala coming on (and contributing to a goal with an incisive forward pass!!), Ederson looking imposing in goal, and particularly the two goals for Sané - hugely important for someone who is so obviously a confidence player.

The negative is obviously the injury to Ederson - haven't heard anything so far, but hopefully it's nowhere near as serious as it initially looked (on a side note, Tyler's and Neville's utter lack of concern for his wellbeing, and sole interest in legitimating the challenge, was embarrassing). Only other (very) minor gripes would be Pep setting us up with the three at the back, despite it so obviously not suiting us, and sticking with it so long when it was clearly causing us problems. But I can't really be fucked concerning myself too much with that at the moment.

As for any suggestion that they were 'unlucky' - obviously complete bollocks. The red card was - according to the laws as they stand - spot on for me. It might be argued that the wording of the rule is wrong, and to be honest I'd probably agree, but that isn't the point - it was a head-high challenge that clearly endangered Ederson's safety and warranted a red on those terms. There's also absolutely nothing, whatsoever, 'unlucky' about Salah getting into good positions and lacking the quality to make it count. It's what you subscribe to when you decide to prioritise pace and athleticism over technical ability in the signings you make and the way you set up your team. Put Sturridge in a one on one position, coming in from the right onto his left foot, and 99 times out of 100 he'll stick it in. But then he almost certainly wouldn't have got into the position that Salah did for the simple reason that he isn't so quick - hence why Klopp doesn't pick him. Or if we break quickly and De Bruyne sticks a ball through for Silva, but he's not fast enough to get onto it - no-one would speak there about us being 'unlucky'. And rightly so, as we accept Silva's lack of explosive pace in exchange for the fact that he's a sublime technical player.

Anyway, great day so far, and come on Stoke!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.