City v Sporting Kansas City 23rd July

abellwillring said:
Instant_Offense said:
NoahCity said:
Actually thought Fernando did well.

No idea how you saw this. Quiet would be a generous description.
Yeah, he looked a little slow and maybe a bit timid. He'll get there -- neither of those are words I'd use to describe him typically.

I agree. He just needs time get back up to match fitness and find his feet. Fernandinho was not especially impressive in his first few months and now we shudder at thought of him being injured (I'm having Chelsea flashbacks right now).

It was just pre-season and players are rusty, but it was a worthwhile game to watch ...

Iheanacho looks like quite a prospect. Right now I'd have him as cover for Negredo based on that performance alone.

Zuculini had some good touches and a great goal, but faded a bit later on. Another with potential though. He is maybe one for next year.

Fernando made some mistakes but also made some great plays, and he plays a lot like Nige. I'm not sure why Garcia is still here though now, ok player but would prefer to see Rodwell get a chance here and there.

Rekik is another good prospect, but it's tough to see him next to Vinny in the champions league. Maybe another year on loan would be good for him.

I know it's early pre-season, but Sinclair, Guidetti, and Boyata just aren't good enough. I'm beginning to wonder about Jovetic as well.

And then there is Micah. He is clearly rusty, but he is still switching off too much at important times. Hard to see him being around now that Sagna is here.

Onto Sunday now, my kids are dreading the long drive but are excited to see their first live City game against Balo in Pittsburgh!

Curses, I missed the live stream because I was painting the bathroom walls. The kick-off was mid-afternoon here in NZ so I hope there is a live stream for the next game because the bathroom is finished and I can sit back, relax and hopefully watch my beloved BLUES.

Boyata clearly can't keep up with what we need but losing him = having even less homegrown players on our list. Richards too. Not really sure what we can do with the situation.

Bluekiwi said:
Curses, I missed the live stream because I was painting the bathroom walls. The kick-off was mid-afternoon here in NZ so I hope there is a live stream for the next game because the bathroom is finished and I can sit back, relax and hopefully watch my beloved BLUES.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDnKY4eQRcY[/video]

SebastianBlue said:
abellwillring said:
Instant_Offense said:
No idea how you saw this. Quiet would be a generous description.
Yeah, he looked a little slow and maybe a bit timid. He'll get there -- neither of those are words I'd use to describe him typically.

I agree. He just needs time get back up to match fitness and find his feet. Fernandinho was not especially impressive in his first few months and now we shudder at thought of him being injured (I'm having Chelsea flashbacks right now).

At this stage of pre season players should be too knackered to play well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.