Civilian paedo *Stings

grooming and sending indecent images to a minor are good enough for someone not even on the police radar imo

grooming and sending indecent images to a minor are good enough for someone not even on the police radar imo
Well yes I agree. But this is the problem and where the cases are failing - because the pervs have had the heads up after being challenged by these vigilantes, and so devices and evidence lost, the case relies on the evidence on the other phone/computer etc belonging to the vigilante. And that is where the legal problems arise, and cases fail. It requires getting a vigilante to court to explain what happened, all conversations, all interaction, everything. And they dont go, or when they do they have been shown time and again to have lied in evidence and under oath. Dont get me wrong here, noble cause and great intentions. But they do seem to think that is enough, and it is not. The law and process and rules of evidence have to be followed and they way do it does not follow those rules

Maybe the pedo hunters emerged because of cover ups by councils and the police in some high profile cases? Either way the police have somewhat validated their existence by saying that they'll work with them.

Not by self appointed psychos that has already pointed out are breaking the law and will end up on the register through their actions.
Uncle Wally’s post makes quite clear how dangerous these vigilantes are.
Having seen some of these “ heroes” interviewed I’m sure they’d happily lynch a paediatrician as well.
MOST of the groups I have heard about never use any indecent images in any way, shape, or form. In fact, I haven't heard of any that do, though they probably exist.

So what do you say about those ones?

Well yes I agree. But this is the problem and where the cases are failing - because the pervs have had the heads up after being challenged by these vigilantes, and so devices and evidence lost, the case relies on the evidence on the other phone/computer etc belonging to the vigilante. And that is where the legal problems arise, and cases fail. It requires getting a vigilante to court to explain what happened, all conversations, all interaction, everything. And they dont go, or when they do they have been shown time and again to have lied in evidence and under oath. Dont get me wrong here, noble cause and great intentions. But they do seem to think that is enough, and it is not. The law and process and rules of evidence have to be followed and they way do it does not follow those rules

I agree with you mate, the obvious solution is more well trained hunters leading intelligence based stings without the glory hunting reveal the stingers want. I have no doubt most do it for perceived fame ego what have you rather than just being noble.

It isn't going to happen, The size of the problem is too great, It is my firm belief, the dark place the exists in the minds of men has been given the key to the city with the tech age.

To be fair to the old bill the way these paedophile hunters operate makes dealing with these deviants a lot easier for them. The evidence these people provide to the police is admissable at court , whereas if the cops used these tactics it would be classed as entrapment and wouldn't be admissable due to breaching Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act.

I think if it flushes out paedophiles it can only be a good thing, as they make sure that there can be no grey area in terms of who these fuckers think their in dialogue with.

Not by self appointed psychos that has already pointed out are breaking the law and will end up on the register through their actions.
Uncle Wally’s post makes quite clear how dangerous these vigilantes are.
Having seen some of these “ heroes” interviewed I’m sure they’d happily lynch a paediatrician as well.

Let's not generalise...I'm sure there are paedo's in other trades ie; plumbers, joiners, brickies etc...

To be fair to the old bill the way these paedophile hunters operate makes dealing with these deviants a lot easier for them. The evidence these people provide to the police is admissable at court , whereas if the cops used these tactics it would be classed as entrapment and wouldn't be admissable due to breaching Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act.

I think if it flushes out paedophiles it can only be a good thing, as they make sure that there can be no grey area in terms of who these fuckers think their in dialogue with.
No. A lot of what they do is inadmissable, that is the point and the problem with it. They dont make dealing with the deviants easier

MOST of the groups I have heard about never use any indecent images in any way, shape, or form. In fact, I haven't heard of any that do, though they probably exist.

So what do you say about those ones?

I refer you to my first post on the subject.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.