CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

Reasons to Stop Flapping ...

Great opportunity to bury the Anfield hoodoo; no travelling involved so preparations for the derby game sandwiched in between the two legs won't be as disruptive; we are 18 points better than them in the Prem and there is an obvious reason for that; the aggregate score for the two games played against them in the league this season ended up City 8 Liverpool 4; Klopp is a dickhead and Pep is a god; they are red Scouse and bound to be delusional about their chances especially with all that "great European nights" propaganda bullshit; they are not Barca or Real Madrid or Munich; and lastly, Rags potential gloat factor should we go out will be nullified because they hate us both.

I am strangely confident we'll win this tie.

I know its not a perfect comparison but this year us, the rags and Spurs have already got the better of Liverpool over two games. Chelsea yet to play them at home drew away at Anfield.

They play much more pragmatically against Liverpool though wheras we are much more adventurous which suits Klopp’s counter pressing.

Mendy is ready.

Sure he'll get minutes against Everton and United.

But is that ready in the same way that Sane and Jesus were ready when they returned from injury? Ready, but still needing a couple of games to get their rythm back? Neither player was anything like 100% for a couple of games when they returned. Mendy has been out for much longer, and given his build will probably need more games to be firing on all cylinders. Would he get more than 20 mins against Everton? It seems like too big a risk to throw him into the next few games.

Wasn't the target always for him to be ready (properly ready) for the CL semi finals (if we get there)? I expect him to get a run of games against Swansea, West Ham and Brighton (if we play them in April), be surprised if he features too much before then.

Reasons to be cheerful:-

Great opportunity to bury the Anfield hoodoo; no travelling involved so preparations for the derby game sandwiched in between the two legs won't be as disruptive; we are 18 points better than them in the Prem and there is an obvious reason for that; the aggregate score for the two games played against them in the league this season ended up City 8 Liverpool 4; Klopp is a dickhead and Pep is a god; they are red Scouse and bound to be delusional about their chances especially with all that "great European nights" propaganda bullshit; they are not Barca or Real Madrid or Munich; and lastly, Rags gloat factor will be nullified because they hate us both.

I am strangely confident we'll win this tie.

21d4rqb.png

This is what I'd go for at Anfield.

Jesus over Bernardo????

That's a fair point, but then again they beat us by a solitary goal away, when we were far from our best, and our attacking style took them to pieces at home.

I agree.

If we turn up at Anfield we will win the tie.

I think if we get knocked out it’s because Liverpool battered us at Anfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.