Claims to fame

Saw the Ramones at GBGB's early 80,s...Blondie were all at the bar...
Met Thomas Hearns @ The Kronk...late 80's.

If I could go back in time and place to any bit of music history it's New York 70's/80's when that secene was kicking off.

Met James Elroy for a good yarn,he signed my book,oh and he scared the shit out of me ! The guy does not fuck about letting you know what he thinks and if you get on his tits you better look out

Not me, but my dads has always impressed me. Captained Wales at cricket, signed professionally for wrexham, boxed two world champions in the army and opened the batting with Allan border playing for east lancs.

Supported Desmond Dekker twice.
There's a rumour in my family that the Kray twins 'hid' at my Nans place for a few days. When I was a kid heard my Dad and his brothers talking about it. Asked my Mum just the other day, she said it was 'just a rumour but they did 'pop' in.'

Are there many "Mile High Pilots" ??

I am not a pilot but do have four mile hi medals

1st on an Olympic Airways boeing 727 from Rhodes to Athens, very fit Dutch bird sadly had to be fairly quick as its not a long flight.
2nd was perhaps in some respects the most impressive because it was in the galley on a Dan air 727 manchester Daliman but more impressive as it was one of the stewardesses, three of her mates standing guard the other side of the curtain laughing.
3rd An Air China MD11 Amsterdam to Bangkok somewhere over Iran on this occasion it was the then purplenoses bird.
4th and from an aeronautical point of view the most excellent was when me and the bird turned up at Luton airport for an Easy Jet flight to Nice, only to discover the Boeing 737 had broken down and they chartered an old BAC1-11 to fly us....it was a tricky one but we managed to complete the job, and a fine way to bow out of airborne shagging.

Flew Blondie to L.A. for their first US gig when they made their comeback with Maria.
Sat next to Shirley Manson (Scottish, lead singer, Garbage) on a flight the night after they had appeared on Saturday Night Live, which was their first big American TV gig.
Had the real Rainman do his thing with me, asking me when I was born and him telling me what day it was an what other things have happened on that date in history, etc..
Met Gordon Brown (introduced by his bodyguard) in San Francisco and flew him to L.A. His son, Alistair, is a Blue and was wearing a City top!
Got a ride in the front seat of Freddie Pye's (old City director) Rolls Royce from the man himself.
Peter Barnes came to our house for a charity event.
I was visiting Ken Barnes one day at City and Denis Law came in and told me what a brilliant man my Dad was. Talk about respecting your father?!
Went on stage and backstage at my first U2 concert (Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, 1983 or 4??) and got handfuls of drumsticks and an Irish flag signed by the band.
Met Muhammad Ali. One of my favorite moments of all time, because he truly is The Greatest!

P.S. I didn't meet Harrison Ford, but then I have landed on the correct runway, and not the taxiway, at Santa Ana, Orange County Airport! :-)

P.P.S. I have flown all over the world and STILL haven't joined the Mile High Club, but had one of those "incidents" on my plane last month! :-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.