Claudio Bravo - 2016/2017 performances (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep I accept that mate. Sometimes you have to cut your losses. What I think keeps this thread going is when some won't admit he hasnt been at fault etc.

No, what keeps this thread going is people having a go at his latest performance when he's done nothing wrong, now let's see, who might that have been?

No, what keeps this thread going is people having a go at his latest performance when he's done nothing wrong, now let's see, who might that have been?

It's not about his latest performance because the posts carry on when he's not played or when there's an international break on. What keeps this thread going is a mind numbingly tedious game of one-upmanship.

It's not about his latest performance because the posts carry on when he's not played or when there's an international break on. What keeps this thread going is a mind numbingly tedious game of one-upmanship.

Perhaps you're right, I posted a link to news of why he may have struggled to settle last Friday, there was one post following mine until a poster two days later had a go at him for his latest performance, so no posts for a couple of days and then the back and forth resumes again, that gave me the impression that it was that type of castigating post that was keeping this thread going.

I posted a link to news of why he may have struggled to settle last Friday, there was one post following mine until a poster two days later had a go at him for his latest performance

Maybe I'm wrong but there seems to be a war of attrition on here which doesn't look like stopping regardless of whether or not he plays.

Was it you who mentioned about his daughter and posted the link to the podcast? I wanted to listen to that but didn't have the time and have now lost which page it was on.

Maybe I'm wrong but there seems to be a war of attrition on here which doesn't look like stopping regardless of whether or not he plays.

Was it you who mentioned about his daughter and posted the link to the podcast? I wanted to listen to that but didn't have the time and have now lost which page it was on.

Perhaps there is a war of attrition, for my part it's merely railing against scapegoating and witch hunt type behaviour, it does my head in.

Here's the link again to the podcast

https://player.fm/series/inside-manchester-city/inside-city-podcast-weekly-insight-episode-6

Perhaps there is a war of attrition, for my part it's merely railing against scapegoating and witch hunt type behaviour, it does my head in

Oh it's not aimed at you, I completely agree. Most on here have contributed, me included, but at what point do people get bored of posting the same baiting and unconstructive comments?

Cheers, I'll give the podcast a listen on the train home. Much appreciated mate.

I believe he should have done better with the first goal Sunday. Is it just coincidence he always seems to react too late or dive the wrong way?

I comment in many threads to be fair and accept every player thread has critique and praise but most players have more good games than bad. I'm yet to see that with Bravo. He has really polarised fans and that's why people don't let this thread drop I think that and the fact that when a keeper makes a mistake it's usually costly. Hence the importance of a keeper who doesn't make many.

I believe he should have done better with the first goal Sunday. Is it just coincidence he always seems to react too late or dive the wrong way?

When it's smashed in on the volley from about 5 yards out id say no not really.

Not a keeper out there saves that unless its directly at them and even then they will need a shit load of luck.

Again i will say his move hasn't worked out for him or us and he should go this summer but he was no way at fault Sunday.

How much did you honestly watch of Bravo before he played for city? My guess is not much if you tell the truth. So all you can base opinions on is what he has done for city and truth be told that's all that matters anyway. What he used to do for someone else is redundant.

Thanks for answering the question. You admit that you and Pep have different opinions on Bravo. I will stick with Pep for now.

I have cut most of your post out so we can focus on this one little part. It exemplifies the trouble you have making any sort of cogent argument.

You asked how much I watched Bravo before he came here. The answer is a fair amount actually. He played for Barcelona and a very good Chile team that has been in some important tournaments recently. I get that YOU haven't watched him but don't assume that everyone is as ignorant about other players as you are.

Despite asking the question, you went ahead and made the assumption that I haven't watched him.

Then you accepted your own assumption and went on conclude that all I can base my opinions on is what he has done for City. Which of course is stupid as I have watched quite a bit of him.

As for the other stuff in your rant. I haven't said any of that. I assume based on the above that you simply are having difficulty understanding my point or you don't understand that whether a player is shit or not is not really a binary question. There are a lot of variables that come into play that you seem to have no clue about. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.