Claudio Bravo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me neither, Do you really think he might be being brought in as a as a replacement for Hart, rather than Caballero, Ric?

I'd be very surprised if Hart didn't start the season as first choice. Presumably any deal for Bravo would be reliant on finding a buyer for Caballero. Just seems an odd short-term solution if, as believed, Rulli will be here next season.

I'd be very surprised if Hart didn't start the season as first choice. Presumably any deal for Bravo would be reliant on finding a buyer for Caballero. Just seems an odd short-term solution if, as believed, Rulli will be here next season.
No matter what Pep (and some blues) think of Hart, he isn't going anywhere at the moment, as we effectively would lose a 'home grown' player from the squad, and then replace him with another foreigner. If we have a buyer for Cabellero, Bravo might happen, otherwise I can't see it. Keepers are not a priority position for Pep, so its most likely just media/agent bullshit.

Do you think this might have something to do with how big a personality, and the amount of influence, Joe now has amongst his teammates, in the dressing room?

Could it be that Pep, has been told just how big an influence Joe (allegedly) had in Roberto Mancini's dismissal, and, either, doesn't want him around anymore, or is showing him who's boss early on, for that very reason.

Last edited:
No matter what Pep (and some blues) think of Hart, he isn't going anywhere at the moment, as we effectively would lose a 'home grown' player from the squad, and then replace him with another foreigner. If we have a buyer for Cabellero, Bravo might happen, otherwise I can't see it. Keepers are not a priority position for Pep, so its most likely just media/agent bullshit.

You are almost certainly right I think, but he will have to prove himself to Pep big time in several aspects this season I think, if he's to be here this time next.

I think this sesson is a test/transitional one for the playing staff.

Not convinced mate. I think there's real weight to this and I think it's borne out of Pep's fundamental need to have us play out from the back confidently.

Hypothetically we could lose Joe and sign Stones and be no worse off from the homegrown perspective. If we'd include Denayer in the squad we'd be up on last season.

You are almost certainly right I think, but he will have to prove himself to Pep big time in several aspects this season I think, if he's to be here this time next.
That's why I said "at the moment", if he doesn't suit the system he will be moved on, but not this season.

Hypothetically we could lose Joe and sign Stones and be no worse off from the homegrown perspective.
Stones play in goal can he ? If not we'd be worse off, what we have isn't better, what we're linked to isn't better, conclusion, sell Hart this window = worse off.

That's why I said "at the moment", if he doesn't suit the system he will be moved on, but not this season.

Stones play in goal can he ? If not we'd be worse off, what we have isn't better, what we're linked to isn't better, conclusion, sell Hart this window = worse off.

There could be a situation whereby we shifted out several defenders, brought a couple in, including Stones, & replaced the keepers with overseas players.
But I don't think it will happen.

The point you made that I was addressing was about the homegrown quota. The only way Joe could feasibly leave this summer is if we replaced him with an upgrade, either Bravo or Ter Stegen represent this. The fact they're foreign wouldn't matter if we signed Stones to replace a foreign berth at centre half.

I don't see how anything other than sentiment could blind anyone as to the flaws to Joe's game which make him unsuited to play as a effectively the pivot in a Guardiola side.

If we were to bring in a high profile keeper this summer I'd rather we sold Joe this year instead of leaving him to rot on the bench. His value would drop and besides that I don't think it'd be fair after the service he's given the club.

I genuinely believe it'll happen during Pep's tenure, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was this season, I don't think you should discount it as a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.