Claudio Bravo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bravo is in many ways an upgrade on both Hart and ter Stegen, but the age difference isn't insignificant and I'm not sure how I'd feel about Rulli being our number 1 some time within the next three years.

The point you made that I was addressing was about the homegrown quota. The only way Joe could feasibly leave this summer is if we replaced him with an upgrade, either Bravo or Ter Stegen represent this. The fact they're foreign wouldn't matter if we signed Stones to replace a foreign berth at centre half.

I don't see how anything other than sentiment could blind anyone as to the flaws to Joe's game which make him unsuited to play as a effectively the pivot in a Guardiola side.

If we were to bring in a high profile keeper this summer I'd rather we sold Joe this year instead of leaving him to rot on the bench. His value would drop and besides that I don't think it'd be fair after the service he's given the club.

I genuinely believe it'll happen during Pep's tenure, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was this season, I don't think you should discount it as a possibility.
Pep hasn't even met Hart yet, so I doubt he's written him off already, and your view is just based on opinion, we have no idea whether Pep can fit Hart into his team, but since its not a priority to replace him, I think its highly unlikely.

Do you think this might have something to do with how big a personality, and the amount of influence, Joe now has amongst his teammates, in the dressing room?

Could it be that Pep, has been told just how big an influence Joe (allegedly) had in Roberto Mancini's dismissal, and, either, doesn't want him around anymore, or is showing him who's boss early on, for that very reason.

I think your reading far too much into it if that's what your thinking

Hart needs a manager like pep or Mancini who won't hesitate to drop or sack him if his form doesn't improve.
Question is , is he untouchable ?
We shall see.

The only thing worth reading with Jackson's name on the article is the comments, which is usually just people taking it in turns to tell him how awful his writing is, before they inevitably get moderated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.