Club Statement (confirmed that Mancini sacked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether he's aloof, shy or happy go lucky is not really what matters.

Football clubs are small teams. You have to have respect and a working relationship with all staff and players.

Jaques said:
Did I am only one who is glad that Italian dude was sacked?

1. We need for past period to thank Mensour, not Mancini. Mancini earned a lot of money on that. Least he gets extra 7 mil. for departure.

2. We don't know what was going on behind the scene, but for me departure of Balo was very suspicious. I mean what he did with Balo, normal person will not do that. It was comedy "I love you, I hate you".

Why he signed him on first plaice and why he sold him that fast, how much club lost on Balo, and who earned money on that? Most likely Inter, Milan and Balo's agent, and what about Mancini, what if he earned something from that?

Translated from its original raggish

allan harper said:
Don Karleone said:
Some interesting comments from one of City's kit men on twitter. @steaziz_kitman make of them what you will

9ububada.jpg

If his adopted son (Balo) struggled to get on with him, you can imagine how hard it was for some people?

I think a lot of players will wake up with a spring in there step this morning, it'll be interesting to see what sort of display they put in tonight.

Can't say I am surprised. In fact I said on Saturday after the game that I thought he'd be gone by Tuesday.

I feel sorry for Bobby as he has done a decent job and I don't like to see anyone fired unless they really deserve it, and I don't think he does.

On the other hand, we need to move forward and I am fairly sure he was not the man to take us there, so something had to give.

My other reservation is this: I hope to god they have the next manager lined up and ready to go (Pellegrini, or whoever else). We do not want to be in a situation where we are flapping around desperate to get anyone we can and end up with someone no better, or worse, than Bobby. My list of managers who are better than Bobby is a short list imho. I am not sure Pellegrini is on it either by the way.

If we have just sacked him and are now manager-less and starting to look for a replacement, that was a crazy thing to do.

There's been hundreds and hundreds of pages on here discussing Mancini the last few months and whether or not he should go. The fact he divided opinion on here so much shows that, despite him bringing us the FA cup, and it being just 12months since winning us the league, there was something wrong.

The pros and cons of him staying/going have been done to the nth degree on here, and we all know the reasons why the outers wanted him gone, and the inners wanted him to stay. At the end of the day he is gone now, and it doesn't feel like a Chelsea/Madrid knee-jerk reaction - "we didn't win anything this season, lets sack the manager!" situation. There has obviously been a lot more simmering behind the scenes.

I think I'm a loyal person so sacking our manager never sits well with me - even with the Hughes sacking, but deep down I knew that was the right decision back then. And today, even though it could have been handled better, I think the decision is the correct one. I don't blame the club too much - there is never a "respectful way to sack someone" and once news was leaked their hands were somewhat tied.

Like others have said before, we are City fans. Players and managers come and go. I will treasure forever the memories of the FA cup win, the league win, the 1-6, and many, many other moments that Roberto Mancini has helped to give us. And for all of those, I thank him.

But now, for us, it is time for the next chapter of our story. Bring it on.

Chippy_boy said:
Can't say I am surprised. In fact I said on Saturday after the game that I thought he'd be gone by Tuesday.

I feel sorry for Bobby as he has done a decent job and I don't like to see anyone fired unless they really deserve it, and I don't think he does.

On the other hand, we need to move forward and I am fairly sure he was not the man to take us there, so something had to give.

My other reservation is this: I hope to god they have the next manager lined up and ready to go (Pellegrini, or whoever else). We do not want to be in a situation where we are flapping around desperate to get anyone we can and end up with someone no better, or worse, than Bobby. My list of managers who are better than Bobby is a short list imho. I am not sure Pellegrini is on it either by the way.

I've got complete and utter faith that Ferran and Txiki will have all of this completely under control, incoming players as well.

i think we are all disecting and looking too deep into this. it is football not rocket science. i feel the only reason we have lost our manager is because we havent put the ball in the net as many times as last year. our misfiring millionaires have cost the manager his job. do we really believe it is because he is arrogant or because he displays his feelings to the press about players. mr mansour wouldnt give a toss about any of this if the ball hit the net a few more times and we needed a skip full of silver polish for all our trophies. just saying.

Rammy Blue said:
Chippy_boy said:

I've got complete and utter faith that Ferran and Txiki will have all of this completely under control, incoming players as well.

Must admit RB that when I saw the original statement about Kiddo being in charge for the tour my initial thought was "where does that leave us - behind in the market for players again".

As you rightly point out I am looking at it from an English way of doing things. Our targets will be identified and secured by our DoF in relation to the style of play we intend to create for the club.

May be an interesting few months

the god Gerry Gow said:
Rammy Blue said:
Chippy_boy said:

Must admit RB that when I saw the original statement about Kiddo being in charge for the tour my initial thought was "where does that leave us - behind in the market for players again".

As you rightly point out I am looking at it from an English way of doing things. Our targets will be identified and secured by our DoF in relation to the style of play we intend to create for the club.

May be an interesting few months

I'm looking forward to it mate. I'd be lying if I said I'd particularly enjoyed the football we've played the majority of the season. It's been pretty dull and uninspiring.

New manager, new ideas, new style, new stellar players.

Happy days.

jayblue said:
i think we are all disecting and looking too deep into this. it is football not rocket science. i feel the only reason we have lost our manager is because we havent put the ball in the net as many times as last year. our misfiring millionaires have cost the manager his job. do we really believe it is because he is arrogant or because he displays his feelings to the press about players. mr mansour wouldnt give a toss about any of this if the ball hit the net a few more times and we needed a skip full of silver polish for all our trophies. just saying.

That's true but the manner in which it was done did cost us a trophy, i find it a massive coincidence we played crap and looked disinterested while a storm was brewing over whether the manager was even still in charge. I also do not think Pellegrini offers anything different to Mancini, he isn't exactly a proven Champions League winning manager and although no doubt he will kick on for us, he's is purely a risk.

I hope the next manager does well but I think many are hurting that Mancini was chopped when he still seemed to have something to offer, he still deserved another year imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.