Cole Palmer

My husband is a Spurs fan so we don’t normally watch games together - but we watched this afternoon (Americans). I hadn’t talked to him about Palmer previously but I discussed how he was much beloved by many folks here. It was funny to hear a “neutral” perspective. He thinks Palmer has as many average games as big goal scoring games and doesn’t get the hype. He is surprised he is so beloved by City fans because he doesn’t think he’d work in a Pep system, or based on what he’s seen, that he’s smart enough for the much more disciplined role he would need to play here. Basically, Palmer is flourishing because Chelsea is chaos and he’s stepped up to fill a void. It made me curious to find out what other non City or Chelsea fans think…like are we too close to it to really be impartial?
I'm a City fan, but not a Manc, and don't think he was or is 'beloved' much....your confusing that with 'regret' ...he got far less 'love' than other academy prospects, imo because he/his family are reds, many on here raved about Doyle & McAtee far more ;) he's proving he was/is a very good player, but wanted to leave, so there is no debate to be had about 'regret' anyway!

Last time I participate in the Cole Palmer thread. He is a Chelsea player and decided himself to leave.

I felt sorry he left mainly due to him being a highly talented player from Manchester and our academy.
Not sure if he would have made it to a more regular starter at City, but tbh I never thought he would do so well at Chelsea straight away. Penalties or not, he has scored a lot more goals than any would have expected. Good on him.

I hope he will be invisible Saturday and for anything else the best of luck. Chelsea ate happy, Palmer is happy and I’m sure City are happy.

We have to suck this one up, we made a mistake letting him go
He’s a better player than Alvarez and Doku and would have got plenty of game time this season

Not sure if he decided to go as Pep said or if the club pushed him when receiving a 45m pound offer
Behave.

Being a star at an average team does not make you a star at a big team. Ask Zaha and many others who could not cope with the pressure.

He has more chances at Chelsea because he playing where we play KDB. So whom would you rather have?

The only possible silver lining is Bobb looks just as good. Pep needs to give him enough game time for him to stick around though.

Reckon City senior board have looked at Palmer’s recent trajectory & looking to chain poor Oscar to the City training ground in order not to make the same mistake & possibly save themselves £££ in the future.

Didn't even know chelsea played today. Typical they do that ahead of our game.

Just watched the highlights, thats a seriously impressive hattrick. first goal a brilliant piece of skill and a subline finish, second goal a great piece of following in, a goal scorers instinct and the third was a great show of his workrate to pick off the pass and a great technical finish with his weak foot. He's got a bit of everything and will have a great career.

I don't understand why people are so eager to downplay what he's doing this season just because we let him go and it's looking like a mistake. He's joint top scorer in the league which is insane and having an influence in almost every game he plays in at the age of 21.

he's a certainty for young player of the year, a very fair shout for outright player of the year too, Southgate would have to be at his most stupid to leave him out of the euros squad. He's been brilliant, we'd be a better team with him and we've let one go we shouldn't have. It's fine to accept this, it's impressive we haven't done this for as long as we have, was bound to happen eventually.

I’m pleased to see Palmer doing well at Chelsea, as it’s testament to our academy and I wish him all the best. Was disappointed when we sold him, but he was never going to get the freedom or minutes that he enjoys at Chelsea here. It’s futile to dwell on it every time he has a good performance. We’re hardly struggling ourselves.
This is why you're our leader!
1*Opl-5N8uww7twAVkw2BFnQ.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.