Combi Washer/Dryers and Energy grades (A+++-E)

That's spot on mate thanks for that!
Also I'm trying to figure out my washers water consumption but all I'm finding for my washer is its "Water Consumption in Litres (60°C)" (which is 49L) how would I calculate that down to a 40°C cycle? As I very rarely wash any higher than 40°C unlike Mrs Hoghead it seems! Plus I've seen a washer that on a standard cycle consumes 43L of water, so if I can save myself 6L of water on a cycle then that'll save me a shit load of money through the year.
If you're looking for an efficient washer then I'd recommend the LG range, we had to buy one (unexpectedly :( ) a few days before Christmas. It's rated at A+++ -30% which means it exceeds the A+++ rating by an additional (?) 30 %. Cracking washer too as you can change the temp & spin speed on the different cycles rather than just accepting the defaults on an easy to use touch panel. Very quite direct drive motor too.

That said you're a bastard. If it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have just looked at the website and seen they've dropped the price by £40 since a fortnight ago. Should I tell the wife?

If you're looking for an efficient washer then I'd recommend the LG range, we had to buy one (unexpectedly :( ) a few days before Christmas. It's rated at A+++ -30% which means it exceeds the A+++ rating by an additional (?) 30 %. Cracking washer too as you can change the temp & spin speed on the different cycles rather than just accepting the defaults on an easy to use touch panel. Very quite direct drive motor too.

That said you're a bastard. If it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have just looked at the website and seen they've dropped the price by £40 since a fortnight ago. Should I tell the wife?

Cheers pal, I'll take a look do you know what model it is?

I've notcied a lot of washers don't have overflow protection either (which basically prevents any damage to the washer from the inlet pipe overflowing)

We've just gone from a washer/ dryer combi to a washer only. Cheaper to buy and less stuff to go wrong.
Drying in a combi isn't quick so usually stuck the washing outside to dry (smells better anyway) or on a drying maiden inside. If we needed something drying that day we would stick them on the radiators as it was quicker and cheaper.
We had the combi dryer for about 8 years and used the dryer about half a dozen times.
if your hot water is heated by gas I would ensure that whatever machine you get has both a hot and cold water intake otherwise it will cost a fortune to heat it up in the washer.

Hope this helps
PS - just need Mrs Hoghead to stop putting the temp at 60 degree.

going back to this post again, every washer I've looked at are cold fills only! Don't think many modern washers intake both?

Also saw this disclaimer on a Bosh Washer

Like most modern washing machines, this one is cold fill only. Some older washers also have a hot water intake, but in reality, little hot water ever gets into these machines on most washes. This is because hot water cools rapidly in household water pipes, and by the time it starts to run hot the washing machine has almost finished filling. This is particularly true nowadays because modern washing machines use a lot less water than ever before

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.