Comparisons - so what?

I find these “best of” composite teams picked by journalists to be especially annoying. It’s quite clear that City players are being judged on their performances this season whereas United players are judged on their entire careers rather than just 98/99
Its fucking mental, if someone did have a time machine and managed to bring that 98/99 rag team to 2023 even the current rag side would dick them never mind city. That 99 rag side would struggle against Southampton 23 such is the way the game has evolved.

Last edited:
Their CL success was with only 5 wins out if 11 games in a smaller competition! YCMIU. A 45% win rate. The runners up had better than that. In fact they only qualified as runners up in our own league.

Their Premier League was won with a poultry 79 points FFS! Barely enough to guarantee Champions League football these days. Our 7 Premier Leagues have seen 100,98,93,89,89,86 and 86 points!

They won the FA Cup with home ties all the way and inly scored 12 goals and needed 2 replays. We only conceded a single goal from a penalty!

There is simply is zero comparison!
You are forgetting every one of our players are mercenaries though and all 11 United players plus subs and the manager Ferguson were born and bred literally in the ground itself between row 10 and 15 of the Stratford End. They all used to pay to play and got the bus to the game with the fans. Look how much money we have to pay to persuade players to come to us....

no need to compare, this city side is the best ive ever seen and it would have beaten their 99 side comfortably.

i always said (up until pep came here) that liverpools 87/89 side was the best english side ive ever seen. they were the complete side.
united under fergie were just 4-4-2 with tons of crosses and tons of luck/help along the way. (well thats what i remember anyway). arsenals invincibles were better than that side, and even the shite's 08 side was better than the 99 side.

but its all subjective i guess, but come on, this city side with Pep is almost perfection.

no need to compare, this city side is the best ive ever seen and it would have beaten their 99 side comfortably.

i always said (up until pep came here) that liverpools 87/89 side was the best english side ive ever seen. they were the complete side.
united under fergie were just 4-4-2 with tons of crosses and tons of luck/help along the way. (well thats what i remember anyway). arsenals invincibles were better than that side, and even the shite's 08 side was better than the 99 side.

but its all subjective i guess, but come on, this city side with Pep is almost perfection.
agree with that, that Liverpool team from probably 86 through to 89 was incredible and if they hadn't had everyone banned from Europe they probably would have won another European Cup if not more

Their CL success was with only 5 wins out if 11 games in a smaller competition! YCMIU. A 45% win rate. The runners up had better than that. In fact they only qualified as runners up in our own league.

Their Premier League was won with a poultry 79 points FFS! Barely enough to guarantee Champions League football these days. Our 7 Premier Leagues have seen 100,98,93,89,89,86 and 86 points!

They won the FA Cup with home ties all the way and inly scored 12 goals and needed 2 replays. We only conceded a single goal from a penalty!

There is simply is zero comparison!
Also officials in their back pocket, no doubt without the weekly help they would not have won the PL by a single point where we have won things despite officials, as we saw last Saturday.

Our recent Quadruple seems to have been erased from history by the media

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.