Cook flying to Milan today

lancs blue said:
There's no doubting Ibrahimovic's huge talent but his application is questionable, like the tranny he often goes missing in the biggest matches for both club and country.

Our current players go missing in a lot more than that, so its an improvement.

SouthStand211 said:
lancs blue said:
There's no doubting Ibrahimovic's huge talent but his application is questionable, like the tranny he often goes missing in the biggest matches for both club and country.

Our current players go missing in a lot more than that, so its an improvement.

We should be judging prospective signings by where we want to be, not where we have come from.

Not saying we shouldn't buy him by the way.

City Raider said:
Cook going to Milan this pm and back at midnight. Source - pilot. Same guy who told me about Robinho signing (I posted on here couple of hours b4 he signed).

Couldn't tell me why.

animated_clock.gif

cat_waiting.gif

wes said:
perhaps hes christmas shopping with his missus in milan!!!

Life must be a real woman.

"Come on darling the jet's waiting, Gucci wont browse itself"

moomba said:
gman07 said:
moomba said:
Ask Martin O'Neill for his opinion on Ibrahimovic. He hates him with a passion, reckons he's the most overrated player ever.
Ask Mourinho and he rates him as one of the best players he ever trained... its all down to opinions... but in this case i listen to Mourinho first and Martin Oneill secondly since he has never trained Zlatan...

And by the way even tho i rate him highly i think he is NOT the type of player we need NOW... he is a luxury that can come later on...

To be honest I haven't seen enough of him to have an opinion one way or the other, just remember O'Neill talking about him in one of the Euro Championships pre-matches, was quite funny.

He does have a bit of a reputation for disappearing in big games does he not?
well that can be argued... yes he has the reputation but is it true? well we can look at it from different angles... what is an important goal? how do you rate those? what is most important to win the league for your team or the champs league?

since zlatan became a pro in europe his team has always won the league with him making many important match winning goals for Ajax, Juventus and Inter... Like last year when Inter had the scudetto nailed down in feb-march and Zlatan then finally subdued to the injury he had been playing with for 3 months... on injections... so Mancini let him have the rest he needed to be fit for Euros... then Inter went into a slump and almost lost the scudetto until final matchday when Zlatan made a comeback and scored two goals to win the match for Inter... i would say were pretty important goals in a important match...

this year he has scored 10 goals so far in the league... many of those are match winning goals... Inter are in lead with 9 points... so he scores alot of match winning goals which I deem just as important as scoring goals in Champs League... for example the latest league match against Chievo... Inter goes 2 up early on and then Chievo comes back and manages to get an equaliser... Zlatan hasnt been visible for 77 min then in 5 min he scores two goals and Inter wins the match with 4-2... yes he can disappear for long stretches of times during a match when he usually comes up with a great pass or goals to make him visible...

he has produced the last couple of season around 6 goals in champs league but he hasnt produced goals late in the tournament... one can wonder why... but i think one reason is that he is up against the best defenders of the world and they all take a very tough approach to him hence he is almost always injuried during springs... the referees allow alot of rought treatment on him because he is big, physical himself, never dives (if he feels he is unfairly done he stops playing for the ball instead of diving), and even though he might not be the poacher that gets "dirty" goals he has alot of assists each year for his team mates...

in the national team he always has two defenders on him if not three hence making space for other players in sweden to perform which leads to him not scoring but still making a very good job for the team... he has matured of the years and are now close to be a great player (i dont say that easily) he plays for the team not himself, he always rates the teams results higher than what he himself has produced (even if he often is the teams best player)... i could go on but i think you get my drift... he scores a lot of important goal but he hasnt produced the goals in the later rounds of champs league... due to often having all kinds of niggling injuries when those matches are played... so is the reputation good or bad?

Yeah, good point. Sweden - Portugal is a good example. They talked about it before the game - Zlatan knew he wasn't going to get as many chances and told Elmander to be ready for it. Elmander did get the chances but couldn't put them away. (Doing good in Bolton now though so could be key for Sweden's advance to the world cup.

News please? I expect to read:

"He got on the plane with his eyes bulging. Five minutes after we took off he went to the bog, and came back after a minute with some funny stain on his pants. No idea what that was about, but he just kept up some weird heavy-breathing the whole way back. I hope he's not sick or something."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.