Craft Beer Scene.. Love it or loathe it?

Manchester1894

You know the how it goes.. a new trendy bar opens, you walk in, look for the taps and there's nothing on display. You have to read through a sodding chalkboard list of expensive drinks usually listed in ridiculous measures like 2/3rds of a pint.

I personally find it's ruining my social drinking. I end up buying something that tastes shite, or as you hop from bar to bar, you have to keep switching drinks (hangovers are worse), and finally the price.... they put the brands to shame IMO.

Will it disappear? Or will people keep buying these silly named cans of very average tipple?

Love `em.OP don`t forget to ask if you can sample a beer (for those that are on tap) before you order it,as most are happy to oblige.
Can`t beat the chalk boards as at least you can see in a glance more info ref the tap beers.

I went to that bar on Peter street, it put me off for life. You stick a bar that gets kegs direct from German brewers in town and it would crush these places. There is a reason oldskool German beer is celebrated and it is because it is fucking good stuff. Their purity law set a standard to achieve on a fine scale and it worked very well.

A cold bitburger handed to me after digging in the garden on a hot day is as close to any perfect you can imagine i think.

Give me a Milk Stout or an IPA over that shite called Fosters, Carling etc. etc. anyday.

You pay for quality in any other walk of life, this is no different.

By the way, don't moan if you go in one and get a beer that's 'hazy', it usually means there is no fish guts in it ;o)

I went to that bar on Peter street, it put me off for life. You stick a bar that gets kegs direct from German brewers in town and it would crush these places. There is a reason oldskool German beer is celebrated and it is because it is fucking good stuff. Their purity law set a standard to achieve on a fine scale and it worked very well.

A cold bitburger handed to me after digging in the garden on a hot day is as close to any perfect you can imagine i think.
German and Belgium beers are fantastic Guy.

I was in one on Saturday night. £12 a pint for the most expensive. £4.50 for 2/3 of a pint of some cloudy piss, smelt like my green bin on a hot summer day.

I'd rather a peroni.

And Bitburger is one of the crapper, more commercial German beers. Shows you how good their beer is!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.