Craft Beer Scene.. Love it or loathe it?

I went to that bar on Peter street, it put me off for life. You stick a bar that gets kegs direct from German brewers in town and it would crush these places. There is a reason oldskool German beer is celebrated and it is because it is fucking good stuff. Their purity law set a standard to achieve on a fine scale and it worked very well.

A cold bitburger handed to me after digging in the garden on a hot day is as close to any perfect you can imagine i think.

Assume you mean Brewdog? Utter shite. But further down, Albert's Schloss does some great German beers on tap. The Dortmund is a particular favourite.

Me and mates have always liked real ales, and have always searched out pubs in town that sell it. And there are still plenty to choose from, but yeah, some of the bandwagon jumping hipster 'craft beers' do get a bit up themselves ...

I went to that bar on Peter street, it put me off for life. You stick a bar that gets kegs direct from German brewers in town and it would crush these places. There is a reason oldskool German beer is celebrated and it is because it is fucking good stuff. Their purity law set a standard to achieve on a fine scale and it worked very well.

A cold bitburger handed to me after digging in the garden on a hot day is as close to any perfect you can imagine i think.

Albert's Schloss?
Only been in once - last week as it happens. Tried the 'unpasteurised Pilsner Urquell tank beer' (which is shipped in from the Czech republic every week) which was nice...
More Bavarian there though.
Cloudwater brewery have a new bar in Ancoats - I do like their ale though. It's a shame that many of use grew up being ripped off drinking labbats, fosters, john smiths...this new generation have far more choice.
Don't mind those chalk boards as long as they put the bloody price up as well.

Assume you mean Brewdog? Utter shite. But further down, Albert's Schloss does some great German beers on tap. The Dortmund is a particular favourite.

Me and mates have always liked real ales, and have always searched out pubs in town that sell it. And there are still plenty to choose from, but yeah, some of the bandwagon jumping hipster 'craft beers' do get a bit up themselves ...

Missed your post as I was posting mind (screen refresh issue!). I was wondering if anyone could recommend any of the beers in there. Was a little lost trying to work out what to plump for (I'd heard the Pilsner was a good bet). I'll try the Dortmund next time. Nice place...veering on the edge of a corporate, hipster advert for literally everything (great place to people watch) but lovely looking inside. Popped in with my daughter before a gig at the Albert Hall.

Albert's Schloss?
Only been in once - last week as it happens. Tried the 'unpasteurised Pilsner Urquell tank beer' (which is shipped in from the Czech republic every week) which was nice...
More Bavarian there though.
Cloudwater brewery have a new bar in Ancoats - I do like their ale though. It's a shame that many of use grew up being ripped off drinking labbats, fosters, john smiths...this new generation have far more choice.
Don't mind those chalk boards as long as they put the bloody price up as well.
Its easier just to get accustomed to paying a fiver a pint.Any change is a bonus.

What's more staggering is the fact that people pay £3 for a pint of Fosters/ Carlsberg etc, how anybody can drink that stuff is beyond belief.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.