******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
100 for 1, 123 for 5, all too familiar for England’s batters. I know we are far from full strength but Bangladesh have batted bowled and fielded so much better than us, again

Piss poor leadership from Buttler getting run out first ball after Malan got out. Fuck me we needed 8 an over a few mins ago, now we need 27 off the last over!!

Random thing popped up on facebook:

Greg Chappell:
“In my second season with South Australia I happened to be near the exit while shadow batting as Bradman was leaving. He stopped and pointed at my top hand and said, ‘I’d change that grip if I were you’. I was a bit taken aback but said: ‘What would you suggest?’ He replied, ‘The grip I used worked pretty well, you can read about it in my book’. I told him I didn’t have his book right there and shoved the handle of my bat into his midriff saying, ‘Show me’.
“He showed me his grip with the ‘V’ of the thumb and forefinger down the splice of the bat, slightly to the off-side of neutral. He said, ‘This will feel a bit strange because you haven’t done it before but I recommend that you persevere because it will improve your off-side play’. I thanked him and he turned to go. Then he stopped and said: ‘By the way, I’ve only given this piece of advice to one other person, he didn’t take it and he is no longer in the team.’ Then he walked out! It was a very important piece of advice.”

When the greatest batsman to play the game offers advice, it's probably wise to listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.