Crystal Palace (a) FA Cup Pre-Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep has to get over it. There's never gonna be a Man City B team in the championship, we'll just have to deal with the situation like every other team does. We've spent millions on giving these kids the best possible training in which to learn the game and prepare them, so just put a couple in along with experienced players and you never know, they might be just what we need!

I'd go for this

---------------------Willy-------------------
Zab--------Tosin-------Ota/Komps---Kolorov
--------------------Nando------------------
---------------Garcia----KDB--------------
Sterling----------------------------Sane
---------------------Jesus------------------

Or he could loan them out to Segunda division for a while, a league he's said he thinks is brilliant preparation to be a professional and the league where his brother co-owns a club.

I think it will be something like that. Not sure how many mins Delph can play, so Pep might start with Fernando and bring on Delph at ht if its going well.
Agreed mate can maybe see navas getting some minutes but considering sane sterling Jesus and nolito are all fit then he shouldant be getting a look in, I appreciate what he does for the team but need to be looking beyond him now

Agreed mate can maybe see navas getting some minutes but considering sane sterling Jesus and nolito are all fit then he shouldant be getting a look in, I appreciate what he does for the team but need to be looking beyond him now
All these wide players just shows how unbalanced the squad is....

Assuming Navas will be one of the ones off in summer I'd not consider him again unless we're full of injuries, certainly not as a winger. Should be go 3-5-2 then he'd be an option though.

Realistically we're not winning the CL with our backline & keeper, we're not catching Chelsea so we should be going all out for the cup.

All these wide players just shows how unbalanced the squad is....

Assuming Navas will be one of the ones off in summer I'd not consider him again unless we're full of injuries, certainly not as a winger. Should be go 3-5-2 then he'd be an option though.

Realistically we're not winning the CL with our backline & keeper, we're not catching Chelsea so we should be going all out for the cup.

4 wingers and a striker who can play does not make an unbalanced squad. I can't imagine Pep will ever have fewer than that. Consider his Bayern had Costa, Ribery, Robben, Coman and Muller & Gotze who would play wide on occasion.

4 wingers and a striker who can play does not make an unbalanced squad. I can't imagine Pep will ever have fewer than that. Consider his Bayern had Costa, Ribery, Robben, Coman and Muller & Gotze who would play wide on occasion.
Exactly. Pep will be wanting 2 quality players in every forward position and we're not far from having that now. I would say sterling sane Jesus are all at the level or close 2 it in their progression but as hard working and good for the team they are for me navas and nolito aren't up to it. If you add Roberts to that trio we have 4 young hungry and talented players to choose from.

Exactly. Pep will be wanting 2 quality players in every forward position and we're not far from having that now. I would say sterling sane Jesus are all at the level or close 2 it in their progression but as hard working and good for the team they are for me navas and nolito aren't up to it. If you add Roberts to that trio we have 4 young hungry and talented players to choose from.

Sané, Sterling and G.J are definitely the future of the club, but they are also more or less cut from the same cloth. Fast, tricky, but not necessarily at their best when playing in a tight area with no space. Nolito comes in as a great squad player because he is great at the combination play around the edge of the box that gets a breakthrough in those games when the opposition is not trying to play positively.

He's not doing great at the moment, possibly he's having to come to terms with a squad role after starting so much at Celta.

Roberts has the potential to be both of those, as he offers a level of close control that's really unparalleled - he will beat 3 men in a phonebox - but he is very small and very raw when considering we've already got 3 players 22 or under in that position.

I'd certainly be happy if we went into next season with Stelring, Roberts, Jesus, Sané and Nolito as the wide options though.

Sané, Sterling and G.J are definitely the future of the club, but they are also more or less cut from the same cloth. Fast, tricky, but not necessarily at their best when playing in a tight area with no space. Nolito comes in as a great squad player because he is great at the combination play around the edge of the box that gets a breakthrough in those games when the opposition is not trying to play positively.

He's not doing great at the moment, possibly he's having to come to terms with a squad role after starting so much at Celta.

Roberts has the potential to be both of those, as he offers a level of close control that's really unparalleled - he will beat 3 men in a phonebox - but he is very small and very raw when considering we've already got 3 players 22 or under in that position.

I'd certainly be happy if we went into next season with Stelring, Roberts, Jesus, Sané and Nolito as the wide options though.
Well said mate

0d0.gif
Why do you show a picture of Mesut Özil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.