Danilo - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't understand why so many people have been on Danilo's case on here. He struggled a bit thrown in at wingback with makeshift centre backs.

Otherwise he's a big upgrade on what we have been used to in recent years.
It's what is done on here. Play a complete second string in a random formation, struggle, then write them all off as shit and moan about lack of cover for when we need to rest players.

I thought he had a good game, especially going forward. He made Bernardo look good with a couple of nice passes over Fuchs (who was dire).
If he can improve his defensive focus, i'm sure he will be very useful for the rest of the season.

I think many fans are too critical of him. You'd be hard pressed to find a better second choice RB in Europe and his versatility is a huge plus. I would like to see us bring Maffeo back next year but I also think Danilo is worth keeping as a utility player for at least a season.

Don't understand why so many people have been on Danilo's case on here. He struggled a bit thrown in at wingback with makeshift centre backs.

I'm with you. I really don't get the abuse he gets. He is a good player and a very good back up for 4 positions.

I think Guardiola's use of him so far is a little strange, throws him in against the strongest left side we faced all season (Ghoulam & Insigne) but Walker plays every game against sides intent on parking the bus. Defensively there's no comparison with Walker but he's more imaginative going forward and seems to have a good understanding and link up with Sterling and Bernardo. Thought he played well at centre back vs Liverpool and again when he was moved there at Leicester.

Can't see Maffeo not taking Danilo's spot next season if he brings with him his Girona form.

Danilo is alright but Pep doesn't seem to fancy him and I suspect Danilo will want a move. Maffeo has the advantage of potentially being the 1st academy player of the new era to cement himself a proper squad place too, something everyone connected to the club wants, or should want.

He's plainly got plenty of ability plus he is big and strong. He just needs game time but he faces the problem that he is battling for that with what Gordon Strachan describes as the best right back in the world.

I'd love to see Kolarov, Clichy, Zaba or Alves doing what he's doing this season, he's had one of the more difficult jobs this season though he'll not get credit for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.