Danilo - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great cover for both fullback positions - the difference from last season was summed up in one moment when Brighton actually broke into our box and he got back so quickly snuffing out any chance of a shot. Last year we were punished so many times from having no pace to get back. His forward play will improve and don't forget we have Mendy up our sleeve.

Danilo seems to be full of energy, plugging gaps on defense. He does struggle though going forward, especially on fast breaks. Good addition to the squad; but definitely backup to Mendy/Walker.

Danilo seems to be full of energy, plugging gaps on defense. He does struggle though going forward, especially on fast breaks. Good addition to the squad; but definitely backup to Mendy/Walker.

As it is now, indeed a back up to Walker. Need to see Mendy performing in a City top for making the same conclusions for the LB position.

Danilo however so far plays like the Danilo I remember when he played for Porto. And if he can keep this up, we will have ourselves a bargain. A versatile bargain that is ...

Looks to be a strong player with lots of energy. Think he's decent enough cover at LB for the vast majority of games he would be called upon in, but for me he definitely isn't as two footed as some made out. As a result of that, we will lose some of the fluidity in our attacking play with him being used on the left. In games like Saturday's where we're not really having to do very much defending, we might be better off using Sane or Sterling there in Mendy's absence. In the event there was a long term injury to Walker, I'd feel pretty happy knowing Danilo was there to cover him, not sure how i'd feel if we needed him to play LB for an extended number of games.

My problem with him is that he gets into good positions but his end product is rarely quality. He can be frustrating, he always seems to miss that last crucial pass. Early days yet, so hopefully he'll improve.

My problem with him is that he gets into good positions but his end product is rarely quality. He can be frustrating, he always seems to miss that last crucial pass. Early days yet, so hopefully he'll improve.

Only going to be a back up player for us I reckon,shows how far we really have come though,buying a player off Madrid for a back up for us,that would have been unheard of 10 years ago,but like you say,early days,but should be useful for us in the coming season all the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.