Darts walk on girls chalked off.

Although I still don't think it's necessary I think with F1 it makes a little more sense given the audience is more varied.

not sure i'd agree.

with the darts you bascially get a girl with a figure hugging dress walking on with a player. she's there to 'glamourise' the event.

with F1 (and motorsports in general) the pit girls/ promo girls are often wearing specific branded clothing. in essence they are walking advertisements.
are they any different to say a perfume advert on the TV which uses semi-naked men & women to advertise a product?

not sure i'd agree.

with the darts you bascially get a girl with a figure hugging dress walking on with a player. she's there to 'glamourise' the event.

with F1 (and motorsports in general) the pit girls/ promo girls are often wearing specific branded clothing. in essence they are walking advertisements.
are they any different to say a perfume advert on the TV which uses semi-naked men & women to advertise a product?
Hmm I never thought about it that way, I suppose I don't watch much F1 or Darts though. I was looking towards the "role model" argument which isn't prevalent in Darts given it's audience, same with boxing and the ring girls both mainly adult orientated sports.

Well neither changes are necessary looking at it that way glamorising and walking advertisements are no better or worse than the other in my eyes.

This is where we disagree.

The world is currently gripped by a narrative that women are being abused by men in all corners of society and on a mass scale with any story being reported as some form of sexual assault or abuse.

Im sure there is a lot of truth in some claims and the perpetrators need to be brought to justice but we are at the point where men and women won't be able to be in the same room for fear of someone taking offence at something and a story emerging of alleged misbehaviour and for me, that's not right and it actually demeans real abuse and criminal activity.

It's almost become hysterical imo and given that and the importance of social media in life these days, especially commercially where a bad story can literally break a company, instead of common sense we are now seeing a stance were political correctness has gone mad and as i've said, i dont for a second think it will actually help real victims out there and instead, it panders to a few that want to use it as a vessel to further their own political aims.

but we are at the point where men and women won't be able to be in the same room for fear of someone taking offence at something and a story emerging of alleged misbehaviour and for me, that's not right and it actually demeans real abuse and criminal activity.

What a load of shite, we can all sit in rooms together, swimming pools, bars offices. Don't be a pervy freak and you'll be fine, but if your gonna be intimidating or sexually harassing someone then thankfully your time might be up. Flirt away, read the signals, just don't be mr perv

but we are at the point where men and women won't be able to be in the same room for fear of someone taking offence at something and a story emerging of alleged misbehaviour and for me, that's not right and it actually demeans real abuse and criminal activity.

What a load of shite, we can all sit in rooms together, swimming pools, bars offices. Don't be a pervy freak and you'll be fine, but if your gonna be intimidating or sexually harassing someone then thankfully your time might be up. Flirt away, read the signals, just don't be mr perv

Excuse me?

Any comment on why the Met Police decided in december to review 30 rape cases that were due to go to trial, after 2 cases collapsed in a week.

Or why Liam Allan spent 2 years on bail charged with 12 accounts of rape & sexual assault, before his trial collapsed when it was found the supposed victim had pestered him for casual sex.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42417553

Hylas and the Nymphs by Waterhouse, which has (oh, horror) naked women has now been removed from Manchester Art Gallery.
And some people approve of the new age of puritan repression.
Be careful what you wish for, #me too, brigade.

Disgraceful how Darts and F1 and the money men behind them are denying these girls employment.
Another example of capitalism not giving a fcuk.
Over reacting to some sleazy charity dinner.
At least Boxing is holding the moral high ground by retaining the services of the ring girls.
Ironically Goughie was on talksport the other day supporting the walk on girls and the grid girls, reckoned it was the boxing girls that went too far!

Hylas and the Nymphs by Waterhouse, which has (oh, horror) naked women has now been removed from Manchester Art Gallery.
And some people approve of the new age of puritan repression.
Be careful what you wish for, #me too, brigade.

So the story of women seducing Heracles male lover and companion causing him to leave Heracles who then abandoned the argonauts to search for him. A story of female power over men has been removed on the grounds of sexism.

OK that makes sense.

Excuse me?

It was in response to your utterly moronic statement that sooner or later both genders won't be able to sit in a room together. Just sit back and consider how you got to that from the darts girls being no more. Tripe mate, utter tripe

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.