David Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should be up there as one of the PL's greatest ever players. I mean little Zola always gets put in that category and while he was a very good player, David Silva is better.

He's the player every kid should be inspired by. The footwork and close control, always got a picture in his mind, humble and appreciative of others. Maybe if he was more outspoken he'd get a greater rep but it's been an honour to watch this fella in a City shirt.

I think Pep will start his captain. But the notion that starting Bernado is either crazy, risky or foolish is asinine.

We are talking about the same player who ran our club out of the Champions league, right? I'm sorry, but there will not be a drop off from Dave to Bernardo. They are both equally phenomenal.

Debryune is a slight cut above, but outside of him, we have 16 other guys (granted some of whom are currently injured.) Any if whom can start and we'd see no drop off in performance.

The 11 today plus Mendy, Bernado, Ilkay, Aguero, Danilo and Kompany.

Any of that 17 starting in there normal position will show very little if any drop off in performance.

I think Pep will start his captain. But the notion that starting Bernado is either crazy, risky or foolish is asinine.

We are talking about the same player who ran our club out of the Champions league, right? I'm sorry, but there will not be a drop off from Dave to Bernardo. They are both equally phenomenal.

Debryune is a slight cut above, but outside of him, we have 16 other guys (granted some of whom are currently injured.) Any if whom can start and we'd see no drop off in performance.
I didn't even bother replying once I read those comments. People seem to think Silva can play every game at his age (yes, he is now "old" for a professional football player at the highest level - he's 32 in three months). So we clearly need to rotate Bernardo into the team on a regular basis very shortly, to keep David sharp for the Christmas period. But people seem scared to play Bernardo Silva, like they aren't aware who the guy is. I'd argue it's THAT that is foolish!

I didn't even bother replying once I read those comments. People seem to think Silva can play every game at his age (yes, he is now "old" for a professional football player at the highest level - he's 32 in three months). So we clearly need to rotate Bernardo into the team on a regular basis very shortly, to keep David sharp for the Christmas period. But people seem scared to play Bernardo Silva, like they aren't aware who the guy is. I'd argue it's THAT that is foolish!
Condition is the relevant attribute, not age. Compare Rooney (32 later this month) and blowing through his lardy arse after an hour or so with Silva and Dinho (31 and 32) and without an ounce of spare flesh on them. All our players will be rotated at some point in the season but neither Silva nor Dinho show any sign of age getting the better of them.

Bernie is a fine talent but Dave is playing a captain's role at the moment and the value of that should not be underestimated when facing our toughest test of the season so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.