David Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't even bother replying once I read those comments. People seem to think Silva can play every game at his age (yes, he is now "old" for a professional football player at the highest level - he's 32 in three months). So we clearly need to rotate Bernardo into the team on a regular basis very shortly, to keep David sharp for the Christmas period. But people seem scared to play Bernardo Silva, like they aren't aware who the guy is. I'd argue it's THAT that is foolish!
He won’t play every game but he’ll play the important ones of which Tuesday definitely is. He’s still got at least 2 years at the very top so the notion that he’s old at this point is wrong.

We have to win against Napoli at home as winning it at Naples would be very hard. I’d start Dave and just rest him against Burnley instead and start Bernardo or Gundogan.

I didn't even bother replying once I read those comments. People seem to think Silva can play every game at his age (yes, he is now "old" for a professional football player at the highest level - he's 32 in three months). So we clearly need to rotate Bernardo into the team on a regular basis very shortly, to keep David sharp for the Christmas period. But people seem scared to play Bernardo Silva, like they aren't aware who the guy is. I'd argue it's THAT that is foolish!
I don't care who Bernado is, you simply don't drop your captain in this kind of form, IMO. If there is to be rotation on Tuesday that brings Bernado in, there are a couple of options before dropping Dave, I'd wager.

It probably won't be in the highlights because too many other amazing things happened, but one of my favorite moments yesterday was at about the 10 minute mark when Dave controlled the ball on his chest, and feeling a Stoke guy right behind him, casually flicked it over his head to a completely open Delph. Beautiful.

I don't care who Bernado is, you simply don't drop your captain in this kind of form, IMO. If there is to be rotation on Tuesday that brings Bernado in, there are a couple of options before dropping Dave, I'd wager.

Even as captain and in this form he needs looking after particularly as we need players like Gundogan or Bernardo to be up to speed in case we do suffer an injury and to keep these levels of intensity up until May.

However, I'd be seriously surprised if this is the game he gets rested for.

With the winter fixture pile up we should rotate him a bit. We've got players like Gundogan and B. Silva who might not be Dave but they're excellent enough options in their own right. Over a long season we need to everything we can to avoid injuries where possible.

as good as dave and kdb are, potentially the two best cam's in the world rn imo, i really don't think gundo or bernardo are a step down at all. they're each a little bit unique. eager to see the other two get a real run for extended bit at some point this season. not now tho...

We have to win against Napoli at home as winning it at Naples would be very hard. I’d start Dave and just rest him against Burnley instead and start Bernardo or Gundogan.

Have to think this is what we'll do. However, the game after Burnley is Wolves. Gundogan and Bernardo looked good together at WBA before Ilkay went off, so maybe we'll see them start in that one.

Tough to guess rotation but I feel so much more confident in it than I did at any point last season. Our bench is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.