David Silva signs one year contract extension(p33)

The hair thing, is it here to stay?

I just see Steven Ireland when he's on the ball.
The hair being shaved was the result of him losing a bet (friendly bet no cash). I know the nature of the bet but that will remain private sorry.
He says he likes it shaven though and feels comfortable. He may grow it back come the English winter but shave it again next year. Time will tell.
You see Ireland..I see Iniesta

The hair being shaved was the result of him losing a bet (friendly bet no cash). I know the nature of the bet but that will remain private sorry.
He says he likes it shaven though and feels comfortable. He may grow it back come the English winter but shave it again next year. Time will tell.

Presumably there is no truth in these Fenerbache rumours is there???

I'm sorry mate, but by what possible reasoning would a competition that restricted itself to playing likes of the Champions of Spain against the Champions of Iceland be a worthwhile European spectacle? Did you see some of the teams Forest beat to get to the European Cup Final in 1980? This notion that it should be restricted to the Champions of each League in Europe, fails to even take into account boundary changes since the late 80's. Why should Montenogro be entitled to the same number of places as Yugoslavia were? By that reasoning, shouldn't Vatican City be as entitled to a place as any other territory?

The present system, give or take, as best as is possible, presents the best 32 teams in Europe against each other. It might be an unsavoury competition, the seeding might be a bit iffy, and UEFA might be bent as fuck, but there's no way that the previous format, if it was played today, be anything other than a shit spectacle for at least 75% of the time.

75% of it now is a shite spectacle, where the elite clubs get groups that they are more often going to qualify from with the last 16 more than 75% the same teams every year.

Sorry but for me if montenegros champions have to qualify for the group, but a team that finished 3rd in their league gets an automatic bye, then it's bollocks imho.

Maybe if teams in the big 4 leagues were scrapping for one place you wouldn't get the bullshit of the likes of wenger, settling every year with a team good enough for 4th and expectations wouldn't lead to the bullshit of managers who can win a domestic cup sacked for not getting 4th.

Champs league completely devalued the eufa cup to the comp it is today that some countries sneer at.

give me the old format of champs cup, uefa cup and Cup winners cup any day.

Just my opinion , but the present format is why it's the last cup I am arsed about winning, give me the league and FA cup over this any day (Though I want to win it once at least).

Last edited:
Tell him he has to grow it back,he is much more handsome with hair

Haha. Tell him I want his babies.

Must be a big bet if you have to shave for two years.
Hope he doesn't shave rest of his body;)

75% of it now is a shite spectacle, where the elite clubs get groups that they are more often going to qualify from with the last 16 more than 75% the same teams every year.

Sorry but for me if montenegros champions have to qualify for the group, but a team that finished 3rd in their league gets an automatic bye, then it's bollocks imho.

Maybe if teams in the big 4 leagues were scrapping for one place you wouldn't get the bullshit of the likes of wenger, settling every year with a team good enough for 4th and expectations wouldn't lead to the bullshit of managers who can win a domestic cup sacked for not getting 4th.

Champs league completely devalued the eufa cup to the comp it is today that some countries sneer at.

give me the old format of champs cup, uefa cup and Cup winners cup any day.

Just my opinion , but the present format is why it's the last cup I am arsed about winning, give me the league and FA cup over this any day (Though I want to win it once at least).
Ok, fair enough, we've all got a different perspective (and wouldn't life be dull if we didn't) but whatever you thought about the previous format, there is zero chance of it coming back in the foreseeable, as I expect you'll readily accept.

Ok, fair enough, we've all got a different perspective (and wouldn't life be dull if we didn't) but whatever you thought about the previous format, there is zero chance of it coming back in the foreseeable, as I expect you'll readily accept.

I accept that, and to me it's a shame, my original point was a reply to the point (not by you btw) that David cannot be considered in the most elite player catergory because of his champs league record, which I think the domestic league trumps as that's the more competative and of a seasons number of games

Some right shite players have won the champions league and domestic leagues and realy using any to judge how good a player is is squewed, but I would say the league is a better barometer.

Anyway the man is a City legend with or without his barnet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.