David Silva

I wonder if David will follow his captain's example and forgo the Euros to get his ankle sorted.

Lets hope so, I fear a summer at the Euro's may bring an end to his time with us.

If ever there was a player that needed a complete break from football, Silva is that man.

I just hope his ankle problem is one that can be sorted, although I have my doubts.

It's sad to see some of our great players decline so rapidly this year (whether due to injury or not), Kompany, Silva, Yaya, Zabaleta are the names that immediately come to mind.

But this was always going to happen eventually.

Next season needs to be more about the next generation of City greats, rather than the last.

I hope Silva and Kompany get at least one season with Pep as manager, but it may be their last season next year with us perhaps? (I think Zabba and Yaya are probably gone this summer).

I wonder if David will follow his captain's example and forgo the Euros to get his ankle sorted.
Kompany was forced to rest. A thigh muscle completely ruptured. he didn't make a choice.

There was talk this time last season that Silva was going to have an op on his ankle but it never happened. Perhaps they thought rest would cure the problem.

None of them will voluntarily 'forgoe' anything connected with international football.

They will go if possible, even if injured, get more injured, & miss our games.

Edit: (don't know why I'vd added an 'e' to 'forgo'). Do we know when Spain squad is announced ? As he hasn't finished the season well enough to deserve a place.

Last edited:
Don't think he's got any intention of missing the Euros, which is understandable. This hamstring injury is at least allowing him the chance to give his ankle some much needed rest.

Based on his form and injuries in last few months I doubt he'd be the first choice for Spain. That's good though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.