David Silva

Out for the final game of the season. Hopefully he doesn't play too much at the Euros and gets the recovery over the off-season he needs. I don't agree that he has declined this season only that he has been hampered by injury.

Injuries have hampered the season for him especially the second half, if he can get them sorted we still have a God on our hands. Yes he is 30 but pace was never a big part of David's game so he should have a few more years in him yet. Love the man

None of them will voluntarily 'forgoe' anything connected with international football.

They will go if possible, even if injured, get more injured, & miss our games.

Edit: (don't know why I'vd added an 'e' to 'forgo'). Do we know when Spain squad is announced ? As he hasn't finished the season well enough to deserve a place.

The squad will be announced on the 17th. Objectively he didn't have a good enough season, but then other Spain players in his position, bar Nolito maybe, have all collectively decided to go to sleep this season. So I don't know whether I should be glad that he's likely got a ticket to France or concerned that it's a precious few weeks of rest lost.

David meets up 23/5 with the national team

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Bluwhit thanks for all your information this season regarding David Silva ,it's a appreciated.
I don't know anything about you , where you a city fan before David played for city ? and did you get to know him befor or after joining city ?
B
Nosey aren't i :)

I don't see why people should expect a player to turn down the chance to play for his country.

Believe it or not, international football is the pinnacle of most players career. I'd even wager that to the majority, if not all, of our players that playing for their country means far more to them than playing for City. None of our current first team players grew up as City fans and they would have dreamed about representing the likes of Belgium and Spain when they were young boys, not wearing the sky blue of City.

To ask or want one of our players to miss out on an international tournament is just stupid. However, I can see the need in asking players not to play in meaningless friendlies when they have got fitness issues. Yet there is a huge difference IMO between representing your country in the Euro's and flying half way around the world to play Samoa in a friendly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.