David Silva

I don't see why people should expect a player to turn down the chance to play for his country.

Believe it or not, international football is the pinnacle of most players career. I'd even wager that to the majority, if not all, of our players that playing for their country means far more to them than playing for City. None of our current first team players grew up as City fans and they would have dreamed about representing the likes of Belgium and Spain when they were young boys, not wearing the sky blue of City.

To ask or want one of our players to miss out on an international tournament is just stupid. However, I can see the need in asking players not to play in meaningless friendlies when they have got fitness issues. Yet there is a huge difference IMO between representing your country in the Euro's and flying half way around the world to play Samoa in a friendly.

I think it's an English thing. Ask most English football fans a question...club or country, a vast majority would say club.

Foreign players, the opposite.

If his ankle is up to it he'll play for Spain, if it isn't he won't.

His cardio fitness isn't in question, as let's face it, he isn't a box to box player. I've no issues with this as I don't think he'll play if his ankle isn't up to it.

Bluewhit I'd like to echo the thanks for all your information.

I am hoping beyond hope that he comes back next season back to his best but also wish him all the best playing for Spain in the Euros who i think will make it to the final vs France.

Bluewhit, is David's ankle injury just that (injury) or does he have a situation that he and his club will have to manage throughout his playing career?

If it just was just a question of rest, I could not understand why the club did not pack him off back home for some R&R in the sun during the season. There was a period where he was clearly struggling and his performances hardly warranted in a place in the team.

In my opinion David is the best player to pull on the City shirt, and after watching King Colin that some compliment for me.

I would love to see a fit and hungry David Silva in a Pep Team.

David's ankle problem is a ligament. It ideally would be treated with physio or manipulation. However it's too deep to get to so it's rest and anti inflammatory injections. The hamstring injury has helped because he will have had 3 weeks rest.
It's not a chronic issue.
He is staying at City next season.

David's ankle problem is a ligament. It ideally would be treated with physio or manipulation. However it's too deep to get to so it's rest and anti inflammatory injections. The hamstring injury has helped because he will have had 3 weeks rest.

Many thanks for all your info, I'm sure it's appreciated by all City fans on here.

Good to hear. Thanks for all your info mate

Absolutely brilliant news, couldn't be happier he's staying. Guardiola's style of play will suit the little magician down to the ground, can't wait to see him back fully fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.