David Villa and David Silva double deal?

This means he must be coming

Valencia have dismissed reports suggesting that star striker David Villa is being lined up for an imminent big-money move to Barcelona.

The 27-year-old Spain international has been linked with a number of clubs both at home and abroad, but the Mestalla outfit say that no deal is in the offing.

A statement on the club’s official website from vice-president Fernando Gomez read: “In light of recently published incorrect stories, Valencia CF wish to officially announce that David Villa and the club have made no pact, no agreement nor have they held any conversation regarding the player leaving the club.

“We already showed last summer that Villa is a very valuable player for us and that his performances in our team have only increased our faith in him.

“It is completely untrue that the club have agreed a deal with the player or his agent. David is happy at Valencia and we're very satisfied with his efforts and his performances.

“We find the publication of certain stories quite irresponsible and even more so when they come on the day of an important game.”

Villa himself had earlier moved to dismiss renewed rumours linking him with a move away from the Mestalla this month.

The 27-year-old was talking after finding the net in the 3-1 home win over Atletico Madrid, amid speculation that Manchester City are lining up a massive bid for his services.

Villa said: “Yes, there is an agreement, but it is to stay with Valencia for six years. I expect to comply with this and maybe even add some more years.

“Hopefully this is the last time I have to answer this question. I am the only one who decides my future.”

While Villa netted the opener for Los Che against Atletico, midfielder Silva made most of the headlines.

The 22-year-old was making his first start since the end of August after suffering an ankle injury which required surgery and he scored the other two goals for Unai Emery's side

very unlikely but not impossible...

reading that thread over there, and that guy Stu's posts, and looking at when he signed up over there... reads like a WUM. that is just an impression, not based on anything tangible but... if it happens great, but i don't go out of my way to read that Stu guy's stuff.

philmarshall06 said:
i wish!
if we pull this off i will singe the hairs on my ass off with a homemade flamethrower (deodorant and a lighter)
:D
x

Much better half time entertainment than the Thomas Cook inflatable palm trees and a bunch of tossers who's shooting is worse than Vassell's.

if valencia are in such shit.. why not buy the club.. take the players... and tear the fucker down.. build some flats.. sell them off and let that be the end of it... we can pick through their squad and sell the rest to... anybody...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.