De Bruyne's assist to Aguëro v Palace

What makes it intelligent is the timing. As he is about to hit the ball, there is a defender in the very spot he I tends to put it in, Aguero has overrun the play, and waiting to give it to Yaya or shooting would have been better options. But he pick an even better one. Pass it to where the defender currently is, and the play will materialize before the ball gets there.

It's a phenomenal play wrapped in simplicity. It seems simple now because it worked so smoothly.

What a load of shite you have just written - no ofence

Probably the best & most intelligent player in the Premier League. Will only get better.

You're clearly a huge De Bruyne fan, and I understand why you must like him so much. He has a great eye for an early, direct pass, and his delivery has been outstanding at times this season.

However, I personally feel you're getting a little bit carried away with the assist in the video above. It was a decent pass, but really the place where he put the ball was the obvious place to put it. In fact, it was the only place he could put it with the way the defenders were running back.

I appreciate it may look like Aguero is pointing for him to put it in front of him, but I just think that is the way Aguero is stood. All good strikers (and Aguero in particular) make 2 runs - "one for the defender, and one for yourself" as Alan Shearer says so often. The run from Aguero here is an example of that. While it appears he's running towards goal and hoping KDB puts the ball across the goal line, Kun's movement is far batter than that, he's not stupid enough to run in to trouble, stay there, and hope the ball finds it's way to him.

De Bruyne did exactly the right thing, played exactly the right pass, but it wasn't some kind unexpected, outlandish genius. It was a simple 5 yard checked pass. Really it was the obvious pass to make, in fact, probably the only pass to make. The kind Zabaleta plays regularly when he is on form.

There are many examples of passes, crosses, first time balls, assists, which show off De Bruyne's incredible talent. Personally I don't think this one is a particularly spectacular example.

Dave did not seem happy with his pass though. I think he wanted him to shoot at goal.

I'd expect any member of the team to make that pass.

Not to take away from the fact it's another assist and a good pass, but it's not really much more than that.

I can imagine that the defender and goalkeeper were absolutely shocked as that angle is one he obviously absolutely loves. He's scored a few from there and has just narrowly missed others as well.. I was just about certain he'd take a shot at that far post and then bam, it's a perfect assist for Aguero. Very impressive from Kevin.

I gotta agree, when i saw this i thought it was a little bit more than just a simple pass.

The guy is really special.

Him and Sterling were such great buys even if we don't win the title this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.