Deliberately knocked off my pushbike by angry motorist

I hope he is mortified by his actions and the repercussions. Did he say sorry?

Dreadful behaviour. It is though, a consequence of society (esp. those who benefit from roads being reserved for cars) treating anything else but a combustion powered vehicle using the road as an affront to civilisation.

I've physically chucked my bike at a car before to stop the wanker from tying to kill me. It is dangerous to cyle on roads.
He was totally unapologetic... adamant it was my fault..

I covered the rads etc under the hood with dogshit and dairy once on a neighbour's car when he came flying into the estate at about 4 times the speed limit and hit one of the dogs. Apparently he never got the smell out of the car. Slowed down anyway.

He hit one of your dogs? Should have torched the ****.

He hit one of your dogs? Should have torched the ****.
My original plan was stabbing the **** in the throat, but one of the neighbours had already called the Guards and they warned me off anything violent.

I used Shoosmiths, they're a national company. You don't really need a local solicitor if you're happy on the phone. They'll take 25% on a no win no fee basis. It sounds expensive but you'll have no outlay at any time. Make sure you claim all your costs caused by not being able to ride your bike and keep receipts. These are paid back to you without any deductions/fees.

They were recommended to me by my bike insurance company (ETA).

Hope you're okay, it sounds bad. I've had some near scrapes like this myself.

Bikes are allowed to undertake anyway (if it's slow traffic and safe to do so).
From what @Bluemanc100 said above, he was in the correct position on a roundabout with the car behind him, and not undertaking. It was only afterwards that the incident happened.
To me, what followed goes beyond dangerous driving, as the driver knew exactly what he was doing.
Let's hope the police feel the same way and ban the bastard.

My original plan was stabbing the **** in the throat, but one of the neighbours had already called the Guards and they warned me off anything violent.

Probably for the best, but I would have also been inclined to set about the **** too.

i’ll take the abuse from bike haters in return for a little advice..

I was knocked off my bike on Friday by a driver who accused me of undertaking him.. I was in the left lane of a two lane roundabout both going straight on and he ended up behind me...

He came alongside me and put both windows down to bark abuse and narrowed the gap to the point that he hit me and pushed me into the kerb which broke my wheel and I fell off.. I took the brunt of the force on my shoulder and broke my collar bone in 3 places (now plated following surgery) I also have a complex fracture on my opposite hand that they couldnt fix as they said that hand surgery can often exacerbate problems.

I have at least one witness who has made a statement to the police to say he hit me deliberately so I am now waiting for the police to contact me.

Can anybody recommend a claims firm in the Chester area who can take my case? I have material damage to my bike and kit plus physical damages clearly.. I really want him to be stopped from doing this again as he even stopped his car after hitting me to abuse me in the road

Police and ambulance should have been called immediately given it was a RTA with injury.

Did that happen and if not why? Im thinking it didn't because had they been called he wouldn't have driven away and had he done so he would be charged with that as well.

From experience just document/record all the actions you take, times, dates, phone calls, emails saved, etc, Insurance companies try and duck out as much as possible. Keeping a written record really helps when you can quote back to the Insurers exactly how you have procedurally dealt with the claim. Good luck, I don’t ride a bike anymore but always give safe passage to cyclists and Horse Riders, it’s only common courtesy.

From what @Bluemanc100 said above, he was in the correct position on a roundabout with the car behind him, and not undertaking. It was only afterwards that the incident happened.
To me, what followed goes beyond dangerous driving, as the driver knew exactly what he was doing.
Let's hope the police feel the same way and ban the bastard.
It does, but claiming "undertaking" by a bike as his excuse carries little weight seeing as one is powered by an internal combustion engine and one by man power. Bikes usually only undertake when travelling through slow traffic, which is acceptable.

I was once tail-gated by an MR2 when cycling on the Prestwich roundabout. It's a very scary feeling being attacked by a vehicle.

From experience just document/record all the actions you take, times, dates, phone calls, emails saved, etc, Insurance companies try and duck out as much as possible. Keeping a written record really helps when you can quote back to the Insurers exactly how you have procedurally dealt with the claim. Good luck, I don’t ride a bike anymore but always give safe passage to cyclists and Horse Riders, it’s only common courtesy.
I used to ride regularly on the roads, and I never had an accident involving a car. I fell off a few times, but all my own fault.

I give cyclists all the room they need, because even if I'm running late, the consequences of hitting a cyclist far outweigh the consequences of being late.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.