Deliberately knocked off my pushbike by angry motorist

I can't imagine how much of an arsehole you'd have to be to deliberately knock someone off a bike, no matter how much the bike rider may have annoyed you. If proven then they shouldn't be allowed behind the wheel of a car again quite frankly.

You will be entitled to his insurance details and the police will have them. Why don't you cut out the middle man and contact them directly. Tell them that you could and may go to a no win no fee lawyer which would cost them an awful lot of money. If they are willing to settle honestly and appropriately you will deal with them direct. Don't take the first offer though, negotiate with them. They will have guidelines on how much they are willing to pay.

my car was rear ended and my insurance company were being dicks so I contacted the other parties insurance and dealt with them.

Police and ambulance should have been called immediately given it was a RTA with injury.

Did that happen and if not why? Im thinking it didn't because had they been called he wouldn't have driven away and had he done so he would be charged with that as well.
There were around 5 police cars there in the end.. one from Airbus nearby and 4 North Wales Police.. I nearly got an air ambulance ride because my BP had dropped but I had waited a long time in the cold as they went to the wrong place initially.. but I improved and they gave me some morphine and took me away.. I don’t even have an incident number so i’ll call if I don’t hear anything in the coming days..

There were around 5 police cars there in the end.. one from Airbus nearby and 4 North Wales Police.. I nearly got an air ambulance ride because my BP had dropped but I had waited a long time in the cold as they went to the wrong place initially.. but I improved and they gave me some morphine and took me away.. I don’t even have an incident number so i’ll call if I don’t hear anything in the coming days..
Ask the hospital for a copy of your PRF (Patient Report Form). The PRF is filled out by the ambulance staff at the scene/on the way to hospital, and a copy is submitted to the hospital upon arrival. This will give your suspected injuries (as ambulance staff cannot confirm injuries at the roadside) and condition immediately after the accident.

You will be entitled to his insurance details and the police will have them. Why don't you cut out the middle man and contact them directly. Tell them that you could and may go to a no win no fee lawyer which would cost them an awful lot of money. If they are willing to settle honestly and appropriately you will deal with them direct. Don't take the first offer though, negotiate with them. They will have guidelines on how much they are willing to pay.

my car was rear ended and my insurance company were being dicks so I contacted the other parties insurance and dealt with them.
In this instance, due to the injuries, I would advise completely against this.

The driver's insurance company will want an independent medical assessment of the injuries and potential long term effects. The OP would need to stand all the costs up front, but they also need to select a, ahem, impartial expert. I got the impression my, ahem, impartial expert (lol) was very friendly with my solicitors in order to gain more "easy money" work.

Or maybe I really was badly injured!

Last edited:
i’ll take the abuse from bike haters in return for a little advice..

I was knocked off my bike on Friday by a driver who accused me of undertaking him.. I was in the left lane of a two lane roundabout both going straight on and he ended up behind me...

He came alongside me and put both windows down to bark abuse and narrowed the gap to the point that he hit me and pushed me into the kerb which broke my wheel and I fell off.. I took the brunt of the force on my shoulder and broke my collar bone in 3 places (now plated following surgery) I also have a complex fracture on my opposite hand that they couldnt fix as they said that hand surgery can often exacerbate problems.

I have at least one witness who has made a statement to the police to say he hit me deliberately so I am now waiting for the police to contact me.

Can anybody recommend a claims firm in the Chester area who can take my case? I have material damage to my bike and kit plus physical damages clearly.. I really want him to be stopped from doing this again as he even stopped his car after hitting me to abuse me in the road

BTW,

You don't need (nor should look for) dedicated accident firms. A good, competant solicitor will act in your best interests and will not be looking to manage any risk of the case winning/failing.
Agree the sums beforehand and you will be fine.

I had an incident with a couple of cyclists once at a roundabout. I’m always very careful when driving near cyclists I should add.

We were both going straight ahead so I went onto the roundabout staying in the inside lane. They were on my offside, nearest the kerb. But as I’m going round the roundabout in the inside lane, they took the shortest route and went straight across the front of me forcing me to brake sharply. Had I been on my own I’d have been very tempted to run them off the road but I had my wife & kids in the car so just gave them a mouthful. They seemed to think they’d done nothing wrong however. Utter thundercunts.

He stopped to abuse me and thankfully stayed till the police came and I was taken away by ambulance

I’ll bear your advice in mind for when i’m better
Hope you're well soon mate, sounds a right dickhead compounded by staying until the cops arrived.

How's your lady these days? Mines had a full all clear from her condition.

Did you get his reg? If so, track down his address, brick his windows and torch his car.
Smashing his wife or sisters back doors in may also be an option depending on their looks.
Are you available to consult?
Some sod pushed in front of me this morning in the canteen coffee machine queue while I was chatting to a friend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.