Derby post match thread 10/09/2016

And the best sound from yesterday? The ball hitting the net from Kev. Beautiful.

Indeed. That, and the hysterical 'United, United' chant straight after. They sounded so fearful.

Watched the game in a cocktail bar in Kalkan, Turkey with a group of locals, an Arsenal fan and an AFC Wimbledon fan.I suggested to the latter that he must have felt at home watching the rags but he assured me that Wimbledon are more of a footballing side these days.

The Arsenal fan's opinion of the game was irrelevant since he clearly had a jaundiced opinion of our club based on some perceived slight in the past.

A satisfying couple of hours improved by the absence of the post-game revisionist media coverage you are forced to endure back home.

Seen numerous tackles this weekend that are very similar, the only difference is that the guy being tackled hasn't already gone to ground and gone sliding in hoping to 'win' a penalty. Rooney is very experienced and, imo, knew he could never score from that position and so tried for contact and a penalty.

Get the fuck in. Pissed right on everyones parade with that result. Media etc can get fucked. They tried to bully us in 2nd galf after realising technical football was always going to win the game but we didn't get bullied once we settled down again. Could have put a few more chances away and it would have looked more impressive but I will take that this early on. Kev ran the game, Fernandinho close second but Nolito never ever stopped running.
I've said a few times in postmatch threads how impressive Nolitos work rate is. I did not watch him before this year, but a Spanish goal-scoring forward I would not have thought would be working this hard. He runs to get in position, runs to create passing lanes and tracks back. He even had a quiet game yesterday by his early season standards.

KDB, Silva, Dinho, Otamendi, Kolorav.. im about to name the entire 11. Outstanding. Love that we kept fighting even when United was coming at us hard in the 2nd half.

On the rags... does anyone else think they have the wrong manager for having such a quality attacking side? also, LMAO Mourinho already ripping apart his players this early in the season. He just left Chelsea with a player mutiny on his hands, now hes already starting 4 games in?! I'm sure Pogba and Ibra love being screamed at after 90 minutes (even though neither of them looks like they break a sweat when playing)

United fan base is in a panic after yesterday. We looked much more poised to become a Euro contender, nevermind the PL

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.