Devante Cole

SlimShadyRus said:
ColinLee said:
SlimShadyRus said:
5 trophies in 5 years. That was the goal. I think he (or we but wthout him) will reach this goal, but th Champions League... And working for future... If our players are not good enough yet, I believe we could buy young players instead of those Pellers has, like Demichelis or Navas. Also, youngsters like Cole are worth playing in cups at least
Navas was just 27 when we bought him (he's just turned 29) and after a rocky start anyone who claims Demichelis wasn't worth bringing in just doesn't watch us.
I bet that if we'd bought a younger player he'd play better than Demi

Firstly Navas if I'm not mistaken is only behind Milner in our team for chances created and in the top 5 in the league according to opta.
Secondly I beleive our best allround centre mid is Fernandinho, although he doesn't score as many as Yaya he works so much harder and actually defends. There also isn't any young centre midfielders close enough to the level required for our first team to promote.
Thirdly we have Nastasic, Boyata, Mangala and vinny who are all younger central defenders than mdm and he has been are most consistent performer so far this season.
And last but not least, between the age of 16 and 21 is a really important time for young footballers for there development and especially for there growth and some people develop physically quicker than others which allows them to play first team football and the best thing for those players is to loan them out to get that and make them ready for the step up our level which is a top 10 world club.

FantasyIreland said:
CELTICRORY said:
Devante scored again today in Barnsley's 2-0 win

At worst he's going to fetch a healthy fee,at best......he might just surprise a few.

I think he's done pretty well considering this is his first taste of senior football. Starts nearly all the league games and has scored and assisted a few. Been a positive loan spell definitely

Definitely a very productive experience for the lad,and given the contrasting fortunes of Zucculini and Hiwula,Devante is doing especially well.

Harry Kane didn't have a fantastic record when spurs loaned him out here, there and everywhere but he looks ok now. Far too early to be writing cole off yet.

The question is what to do next.

Having watched him play a full game for Barnsley I can't see any benefit from him being there, other than the competitive aspect. Ok, I've only seen one game & it could have been a one off, but in that game, the team was awful & they had no idea how to use Cole, plus a couple of the players seemed as if they were trying to go for glory all the time themselves, rather than pass to him.

It would be better for him to continue there, if it's the only place he can be guaranteed a game, but if he can get in elsewhere, or if we can use him ourselves I would certainly prefer that, to him staying at Barnsley. I don't think his strike partner wants him there, for a start. Greedy little talentless shit who isn't fit to lace Cole's boots.

back at city and should be on the bench at best in the everton game if fit
you must give the youth players a chance even a last gamble in the last 10 min if you're chasing the game it will give everybody I lift if nothing else

Hopefully another loan can be arranged starting the end of this month.

Staying here will do little for his development.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.