Dilemma!!

Feed-The-Goat

R.I.P Sam & Sue. You both are going to be missed.
Right this morning i had a phone interview with Brother who used to sponser us in the late eighties early nineties, and its looking promising, waiting to hear back on whether or not i get to go in for a face to face interview this week.

The role is IT Helpdesk Adviser, which is what i want to do, but......

I have just got off the phone to someone from Eon, they have a position available until the end of the year working in customer service and would like me to start tomorrow!!!!

No as im desperate to start work, i am stuck.

Do i take up the job doing customer service, which isnt what i want to do, but its guarenteed and work obviously or do i turn them down in hope brother offer me a face to face interview and a position there doing what i want to do?

If i take the offer from Eon, and brother come back to me for a face to face im kinda fooked really!

any ideas??

Is the Brother one permanent? Have they given you dates? To be honest, if you're desperate for money, you can't really turn down the Eon job with Brother not having even made a decision.

MCFC-alan88 said:
Is the Brother one permanent? Have they given you dates? To be honest, if you're desperate for money, you can't really turn down the Eon job with Brother not having even made a decision.

well they are kind of both permanent, with eon its a 6 month trial period with looking to a contract extension if i do well.

Brother is 3 month probabtionary, which is normal anyways, and a starting date of next monday. Plus i really want the job at brother, but just want the money of Eon.

Tell Eon that there will be a day coming up soon that you need off work.Just tell them you are waiting for a hospital out patient date or something.Then,if Brother ring offering you a one on one tell them what day you can do and off you jolly well toodle me old sport.

BimboBob said:
Tell Eon that there will be a day coming up soon that you need off work.Just tell them you are waiting for a hospital out patient date or something.Then,if Brother ring offering you a one on one tell them what day you can do and off you jolly well toodle me old sport.

I was thinking of doing that but i didnt know what excuse to use, as i havent got a definate date yet.

BimboBob said:
Yeah that's what I'd do. I've even gone so far as to get a fake dentist appointment card made up for emergency days/afternoons off.

Joycee Banercheck said:
BimboBob said:
Yeah that's what I'd do. I've even gone so far as to get a fake dentist appointment card made up for emergency days/afternoons off.

A professional.

/bows and averts eyes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.