Discussion: Txiki Begiristain (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again - your only option is to resort to childish comments

Why are you so defensive about Txiki? You're coming across as a bit of a fan boy

God forbid we support the club and its employees eh, especially when they have done a magnificent job?

Little Eddie Woodward doesn't seem to be coping too well with a blank chequebook at the moment.
The point your missing, is the players we were after were considered the prized possesion in their respective teams. Both Sterling and KDB were top dogs and weren't for sale. The fact that it's since been revealed how VW had gotten involved in order to stop us signing KDB, yet we still managed to pull it off should be lauded - not just papered over with "Well he had a blank cheque"
There's certainly no love in on my part but I do recognise when somebody does an exceptional job and offer credit accordingly.
Those on here who are still looking at the slightest thing to knock him, or refuse to acknowledge the job he's doing are the ones who the word 'repulsive' should be saved for.

So....are you chipping in for the golden statue then?

Why are you so defensive about Txiki?

Because he's only actually attacked by people who don't know what his job is, know nothing about his previous successes and make really daft observations.

To give you a comparison, this would be like you going onto a forum and seeing people consistently call David Silva shite. Then when you ask them why it's because they say he's a crap defender who can't pass and has rubbish hair. It automatically makes gets your back up when amongst people who know football and watch City, this couldn't be further from the truth yet people will absolutely not get past the point suggesting you must be a fanboy to say that Silva isn't a crap defender at all and can pass a bit.

I do find this Txiki "Love In" a bit repulsive to be honest.

I'm sure most football administrators would have done an equally good job if they had been given a virtual blank cheque to sign whoever we need.

Perhaps the posters on here would like to build a golden statue to honour Txiki as well?

well, I'm sure Txiki was sat there going "well, I've worked hard for months convincing players to come, and keeping agents quiet and in check, so now I fancy joining the finance and legal teams and using my extensive financial services knowledge to interrupt the negotiations and put the magic blank Sheikhy cheque book in front of selling clubs, because I know Ferran and Glick will be so happy with that unexpected contribution".

Next time you go out for a meal remember to critique the waitress on the standard of the chef's cookery and plating skills, the bartender's drink pouring skills and the builder's ability to keep the roof from falling on your creme brulee.

God forbid we support the club and its employees eh, especially when they have done a magnificent job?

I support the club and employees

The reaction on here to the following statement is incredible

'I will judge Txiki on the overall success of our transfers'

Because he's only actually attacked by people who don't know what his job is, know nothing about his previous successes and make really daft observations.

To give you a comparison, this would be like you going onto a forum and seeing people consistently call David Silva shite. Then when you ask them why it's because they say he's a crap defender who can't pass and has rubbish hair. It automatically makes gets your back up when amongst people who know football and watch City, this couldn't be further from the truth yet people will absolutely not get past the point suggesting you must be a fanboy to say that Silva isn't a crap defender at all and can pass a bit.

All I know is he is employed to make city one of the best teams in Europe

I'm therefore judging him on our incomings and out comings and respective transfer fees

It is too early to judge him on this summers dealings - lets wait and see how our season transpires

People are rather queit on the otamendi/lopes and Denayer fiasco aren't they
What 'Fiasco'?
You've been shown up all Summer as a soft arse on the transfer forum, now the window is coming to a close and the business we've done is sound, you still can't let go with your nonsense.

'I will judge Txiki on the overall success of our transfers'

Because that, ultimately, is not in his job description. You're judging Silva as a wing back again.

Txiki's job is numerous but the most visible portion of it will be the improvement of quality in the squad by landing top players to a set budget provided by Soriano. It doesn't matter in the slightest bit if Sterling breaks his leg and De Bruyne is bobbins because that's not his job, that's Pellegrini's job.

His job never ends because his work on January will start September 3rd but his success can and should be judged the day the window closes under the idea of has he managed to:

- Improve the quality of our squad. Do we have better quality of players than we did at the beginning of the window?

- Land the targets we had. Did our stated targets that we had spent months preparing for ultimately end up at the club?

- Address any concerns within the squad regarding quotas. Are we inside the regulations?

Performance is nothing to do with him, he buys them in and let's Manuel get on with his job of coaching them in whatever way he sees fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.