Do not loan out Diaz and Foden

I've understood others leaving from the academy and the business model but if City lose EITHER of these two it will be effing ridiculous.

They are in the first team squad play them sometimes or we will never know. If they flop ok but I can't see it.

These two are different and represent what we have been looking for all these years. Both should be starters in League up and FA Cup.
My feelings exactly. I have only seen these players a few times, but watched them a lot on the videos of the youth team games, and I am pretty convinced that they are going to make it. As you say I want to see them get a chance at City, and I'd be tailoring our transfer strategy around giving them an opportunity. It's very important that young players at the club feel they have a connection with MCFC and that they have a way in. If one makes it, it will raise the standard and create a great spirit in the dressing room. Do we want to be a proper football club grounded in manchester and meaningful to our supporters, or are we just a global money making machine that is using the name that our support sustained over the years to make money across the globe. This is a test. Give Diaz what he wants. I am sure it is peanuts compared to what the 'stars' are on and it is what the supporters want I am sure?

Time to bang the drum again that at least one of these three should be in the bench for all games and probably 2 in some home games.

Playing them in half teams where play is disjointed in cup games won't help their confidence or development as much as 20/30 mins in a Prem game.

City talk a lot about the Academy but the record so far is not good.

The academy is every bit as much about making money as it is for finding breakthrough talent.

We'd all like to see more of the kids breaking through, but with the current "win now mode" climate at the club, it's frankly unrealistic. We should be happy Foden, at least, seems to be one to stay.

Please explain any experience you have in developing youth, in any walk of life, and then your evidence based objective assessment showing in which areas you believe it to have a poor record.
I study the decay of planetary orbits around dying stars and the evolution of habitability in such systems. I am a graduate Astrophysicist hoping to get a Doctorate. I like people, and the ideas that inspire minds.

Up until now I do not feel the Academy has a particularly poor record because the standards are high, and the Academy is new, but we are now at the point where we have two of our brightest young players who are 18 and I feel they are ready. There is a growing number of players who have made it at the highest level but are playing elsewhere e.g Trippier, Mee, Suarez, Lopes, Sancho

Diaz isn't holding the club to ransom like sancho, he wants to make it here. What he doesn't want is to become another Rony Lopes or Denayer.

We need to move Gundogan deeper, move Bernardo inside and show some faith in Diaz and Foden. I think we will, that's why zin is being allowed to leave.

Do whatever it takes City, to get Diaz and Foden tied down long term.

I study the decay of planetary orbits around dying stars and the evolution of habitability in such systems. I am a graduate Astrophysicist hoping to get a Doctorate. I like people, and the ideas that inspire minds.

Up until now I do not feel the Academy has a particularly poor record because the standards are high, and the Academy is new, but we are now at the point where we have two of our brightest young players who are 18 and I feel they are ready. There is a growing number of players who have made it at the highest level but are playing elsewhere e.g Trippier, Mee, Suarez, Lopes, Sancho
I bet he wasn’t expecting that.
Ha ha ha!!

The academy is every bit as much about making money as it is for finding breakthrough talent.

We'd all like to see more of the kids breaking through, but with the current "win now mode" climate at the club, it's frankly unrealistic. We should be happy Foden, at least, seems to be one to stay.
None of the big clubs seems to have brought through any top players into their own sides. They come through and god elsewhere. There's the odd example eg Kane but you wonder if Spurs had been in top 4 at the time whether he would have got the chance. I thought Sancho, Diaz and Foden would come through at City. Of them all, I like Diaz the most which is why I was especially disappointed to read that he might move

None of the big clubs seems to have brought through any top players into their own sides. They come through and god elsewhere. There's the odd example eg Kane but you wonder if Spurs had been in top 4 at the time whether he would have got the chance. I thought Sancho, Diaz and Foden would come through at City. Of them all, I like Diaz the most which is why I was especially disappointed to read that he might move
Even in a then weaker spurs side Kane had four loans, which is part of the reason why I think people expecting an 18 year to break into the best club in the prem without a loan are frankly insane.

Good luck in achieving your doctorate.
However you have little experience in developing either your or adults, something I have over 40 years successful experience of. Therefore the claim of an underperforming Academy is based on nothing more than an ill informed opinion.
All the players you write about above prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that the Academy is in fact working as they are all top class talent developed by the Academy.
What you are whinging about is something totally different and I’d like to see the evidence that the raison d’etre for the Academy is what you believe it to be.
You feel that our two precocious talents are ready, others feel otherwise.
Perhaps you ought to go into pro-football development and leave the protoplasm behind?

Kane spent 2½ years on loan before his chance at Spurs, exactly what you don't want for Diaz & Foden.

There is a growing number of players who have made it at the highest level but are playing elsewhere e.g Trippier, Mee, Suarez, Lopes, Sancho

Excepting Sancho every one of those you name have taken literally years to get to the highest level, and they all left when the level at City was much lower.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.