"Do you consent to being searched?"

Kicked off a bit yesterday outside entrance K.

The Showsec lot were purposely being awkward and argumentative with fans. Trying to stir trouble.

One was directed at a lad and his young son, Showsec pulled him to one side and said they weren’t letting him in and then proceeded to tell him off like a teacher and a school kid. This was causing the queues to grow as they weren’t scanning or letting people through. Everyone went mad and in the end a load of people just piled through telling them to fuck off and just walking up to the turnstile without being scanned as everyone simply wanted to get into the ground and had had enough of just standing in the rain.

They’re a power hungry disgrace some of those ****s.

Kicked off a bit yesterday outside entrance K.

The Showsec lot were purposely being awkward and argumentative with fans. Trying to stir trouble.

One was directed at a lad and his young son, Showsec pulled him to one side and said they weren’t letting him in and then proceeded to tell him off like a teacher and a school kid. This was causing the queues to grow as they weren’t scanning or letting people through. Everyone went mad and in the end a load of people just piled through telling them to fuck off and just walking up to the turnstile without being scanned as everyone simply wanted to get into the ground and had had enough of just standing in the rain.

They’re a power hungry disgrace some of those ****s.

I go in Z2 and for the last few home games we have had Black Star staff doing the security not Showsec. Thought Showsec had been replaced at all turnstiles?

I wish they would be more thorough if it genuinely means we’re all safer. Couldn’t careless if that means I have to get there earlier or be searched, if you’ve got nowt to hide why would you be bothered.

I’m certain they had Showsec on their jackets

I wish they would be more thorough if it genuinely means we’re all safer. Couldn’t careless if that means I have to get there earlier or be searched, if you’ve got nowt to hide why would you be bothered.
Safe by being made to stand in huge queues where a terrorist could walk up and open fire or blow us up? I think the queues are putting us in greater danger, we are a standing target of thousands that would easily be got at by simply walking up to us from any direction.

I have a picture on my phone from the Monaco home game last season outside Entrance K. It is of a queue of thousands of people, must be 30 people across and 100 back. I don’t have a photo sharing account to post it though.

We never had any of this with the terrorist threat from the IRA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Safe by being made to stand in huge queues where a terrorist could walk up and open fire or blow us up? I think the queues are putting us in greater danger, we are a standing target of thousands that would easily be got at

We get there 45-60 minutes before kick off and I don’t think I’ve ever had to wait more than a minute or so (excluding the first couple of games when no one knew the script).

I’m certain they had Showsec on their jackets

I have a mate who works for G4S and he told me that Black Star had taken over.
Ours are much more efficient, very welcoming and thorough.
If you look on their high vis jackets they have their employee number displayed i.e. B63895.
B = Black Star -outside control
S = ShowSec - inside control
G = G4S - anywhere.

If you have any more problems take a note of their employee number and take it up with City.

I have a mate who works for G4S and he told me that Black Star had taken over.
Ours are much more efficient, very welcoming and thorough.
If you look on their high vis jackets they have their employee number displayed i.e. B63895.
B = Black Star -outside control
S = ShowSec - inside control
G = G4S - anywhere.

If you have any more problems take a note of their employee number and take it up with City.
Thanks for the info.

I wonder if the fella and son who they were stopping going in are reading this and took note of these numbers?

Spot on, for me the whole thing is little more than cosmetic window-dressing. For those saying it keeps us safe, how exactly does it do that, is there any evidence that it deters potential terrorists? I'm sure they'd be just as happy detonating an explosive belt in a queue of people waiting to be scanned.
Litigation I’m guessing.

Stops people suing if involved in an attack because they’ve shown they have preventive measures in place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.