Do you really believe the league is over...?

As the Big O once sang:

All the rainbows in the sky start to even say goodbye
You won't be seeing rainbows any more
Setting suns before they fall, echo to you that's all that's all
But you'll see lonely sunset after all
It's over it's over it's over it's over

Check my posts never said we would get caught. I said Leicester game is important and that it could go to last two games. Sane was a big injury for us, without his injury think it would be over soon. Just because people have different views doesn’t make them wrong either. Anyway let’s get behind the lads Saturday!
Totally agree, and with the Burnley result have placed a great deal of pressure on the Leicester game. Not saying we can’t handle it but with the transfer affair as well can see their players being up for it. Getting the three points Saturday is really crucial.
I'm sure this is your post?
You used the words pressure and crucial, both a tad more urgent and hyperbolic than important.
Every game is important, not every game is crucial.
Arsenal at Wembley is crucial as it's a one-off, Leicester is just another league game, part of twelve league games we have that we can win or lose and still win the title.
No wonder the ground is so quiet, if they're all like you and the other flappers then you'll all be too busy biting your nails.

We'll be crowned Champions, but I've probably got more faith in United dropping points v Chelsea and Liverpool, and possibly even at Selhurst Park, than any blind faith in City's recent stuttering away form suddenly improving.

However, I expect the next round of the Champions League to feature an all-English clash, which will dominate the headlines, and form a completely new narrative. (United v Liverpool, Mourinho v Pep, Mourinho v Conte etc).
Ultimately, this will become a major distraction for League consistency.

To be honest, No. Given that sky won’t want the “title race” to be done & dusted by the beginning of March, (Hence some of the appalling refereeing decisions we’ve been subjected to in recent weeks... and will no doubt continue to have to endure until mid May). I can only see the rags dropping 5 points, at the most, from their remaining 12 games. (Losing to us at the Etihad & perhaps drawing one of their two home games against either the RD’s or the Chavs. (Leaving them with an end of season points total of 87

Hopefully, even when taking into account our current injury list, and the usual piss poor officiating, we should still be able to scrape together the 90 points needed to see us over the line, provided we can beat the scum at the Etihad.

Here’s my take on how I think things might pan out.

Rags Remaining League Fixtures:

Newcastle Utd (a) Win
Chelsea (H) Win
Crystal Palace (a) Win
Liverpool (H) Draw
West Ham United (a) Win
Swansea City (H) Win
City (a) Defeat
West Brom (H) Win
Bournemouth (a) Win
Arsenal (H) Win
Brighton & Hove Albion (a) Win
Watford (H) Win

My Predicted (Rags) Season’s Points Total: 87

City’s Remaing Fixtures

Leicester City (H) Win
Arsenal (a) Defeat
Chelsea (H) Draw
Stoke City (a) Draw
Brighton (H) Win
Everton (a) Defeat (And a bagful of injuries)
Rags (H) Win
Spurs (a) Defeat
Swansea (H) Win
West Ham (a) Win
Huddersfield (H) Win
Southampton (a) Draw

My Predicted (City) Season’s Points Total: 90

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.